What is Fire Emblem and should I get into it?

• Thread starter BathSoap
  • Start date
BathSoap

BathSoap

I'm Not A Pikachu
Towns Folk
I have been a Long time hard-core Nintendo fan and I have always seen fire emblem but I have never played a single game in the series. I always play as Lucina or Ike in super smash bros. But I know nothing about those characters is fire emblem awakening any good and is it a good place to start in the series for people who have never played a game in the series like me.

I started with Fire Emblem Awakening and I think it was great. If you love playing Chess (the board game), you'll really enjoy playing this game. If you're not really into Chess, then there is still a good chance you'll like this game.

I published a review of the game - http://3dspedia.com/fire-emblem-awakening-review/

If you do get it, I recommend playing on Hard + Classic.

Reactions: Icemario
Fire Emblem is a strategy RPG series with a very unique gameplay mechanic, when a character dies, they can't come back to life, they're gone forever. Most Fire Emblem games are stand alone games, although Radiant Dawn is a sequel to Path of Radiance, however that's the only sequel to any Fire Emblem game translated to English and released in the US. Fire Emblem Awakening is a perfectly fine place to start, and probably has the most to offer out of the entire series, and is a must own for the 3DS.

Reactions: Marc
Everyone here just said it, but i'll reinforce the point: Fire Emblem is a Turn-based combat strategy game that is known for it's difficulty and storyline. The game has a great storyline with difficulty levels for all players, (Easy, Hard, Hard+ and Lunatic) and it requires you to think ahead; what will be the consequences of your action? Is it worth taking the risk, or do you need to consider another path?
If you would like, give Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones a try for the GBA. That was my introduction to the FE series, and it will get you accustomed to the basics.

I have never seen any gameplay or videos about the game, and after what you guys said I think ill pick it up. I wont be looking at anything about the game so I wont spoil any of it. If it goes on sale soon somewhere I will definetley get it as soon as possible. So This will be my first ever Fire Emblem game, completely blind. A pretty good way to play a game if I do say so myself.

Reactions: 532
Awakening was the first Fire Emblem game that I ended up finishing. It was a great point to enter into the series in my opinion. It was a fresh experience and you really don't need to have played previous entries in the franchise. So yeah, definately get into it :)

I would totally recommend the game for anyone into rts, or rpg games in general. It's alot like Xcom, both the old and new. You build your own forces to battle the enemy. Each character has their own strengths and weaknesses. ***There is a demo available for Awakening in the eshop which I strongly recommend trying!

Best game to start would be the ds remake of the first game called Shadow Dragon

Back