What is MH4U like on the 3DS XL?

• Thread starter Kilager25
  • Start date
K

Kilager25

Nintendo 3DS Addict
Towns Folk
What is it like? I assume it is pretty good.

I JUST got the New Nintendo 3ds XL and it feels great. Though the C-Stick is JUST a nub and it constantly hurts my fingers, it is really sensitive and moves the camera awesomely! The ZR and ZL buttons do nothing but what the L and R do.

I suggest you play the Demo. Some fps loss here and there when multiple big bads are on the screen but nothing to detrimental to the experience. If you want to play with the C-stick then just add 20 dollars to get the Circle Pad Pro. Though I would just suggest that you save up for the New 3DS considering future games will be more optimized for that system.

I would say that Monster Hunter 4 on the 3ds XL is really a great experience . There is intense graphics and the game is very vast and wide world . It works very well on the New 3ds XL though it isn't much of a difference to playing it on a regular 3ds having the only difference is the C-stick and the better processor and etc. The game is something I am sure anybody would love . Sure the controls are kinda confusing when playing it at first so the best thing to do is play the demo and get to know the experience and controls :)

I feel like it looks nicer on a 3DS XL than a regular one because it's a vast world (as Jacknoir said) and it's nice to have a bigger screen to take all that in.

I have been playing on my regular 3DS and no problem encountered - I'm just used to use smaller screen.

On the difference with New N3DS XL (since my friend has one), it's only graphical term (contrast and texture), we've been doing local play and online multi and the experience is just the same.

Just like @IAMPOOR suggested, the C-stick and ZL-ZR button has no real use. C-stick for better camera view? Just get used to it manually, trust me it works :p

Back