Persona Q what is persona q

• Thread starter ash280103
  • Start date
ash280103

ash280103

The Hero in Green
Towns Folk
I have got many recommendations to buy persona q . I have been wondering what is this . if anyone has all the information please post it here

thanks

It's a spin off of the eternally popular JRPG series Shin Megamei Tensei: Persona which has 4 numbered entries (mostly on Playstation systems) plus a few spin offs (2 fighting games based on 4 and 3, a forthcoming rhythm game based on 4, an extended version of 3, an enhanced version of 3 with the option of playing as a female, a very enhanced and expanded version of 4... oh and there were 2 versions of 2....)

Persona Q takes the casts of 3 and 4, makes them Chibi and puts them into a dungeon crawler similar to the Etrian Odyssey games. Rumour has it that it retains the excellent storytelling and characterisation of the main games so it should be worth investigating for that alone. Not sure if a newcomer to the series will be able to jump right in or if you need some foreknowledge of events...

Reactions: Ashkil
Mostly as @weaselpipe said, it's a JRPG with the casts of P3 and P4 in an Etrian Odyssey style gameplay. Also, and most important for people like me, it has really really awesmoe music.

Reactions: weaselpipe
Oh I failed to mention the music, Persona games have some blinding (deafening?...) tunes on them, a weird blend of J-Pop, Hip Hop and Rock all fused together into a stream of awesomeness

Don't play Persona Q without at least having played Persona 3 or 4. You can just play one, but you should get familiar with one of the games' cast members so you can get some of the in-game references.

Either play the games or at least watch the anime if you're planning on getting it. The entire game is practically a fanservice to all the persona 3 and 4 fans.

Back