What is squid bagging?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
In some of the Splatoon 2 art people have been posting, there has been a lot of negative comments about people who "squid bag". Today, I entered a lobby with someone nicknamed "Squid Bag".

I'm wondering what squid bagging actually is :unsure:

It’s where you when you splat someone you jump up and down a bunch while mashing the squid transform button

Reactions: Kaynil
It’s where you when you splat someone you jump up and down a bunch while mashing the squid transform button
I see. So it's similar to how people kill a player in Call of Duty then jump up and down on them .-.

Reactions: Duffy
I see. So it's similar to how people kill a player in Call of Duty then jump up and down on them .-.
Yeah

It's real shameful, and poor sportsmanship. >.<)/ how come people can't just enjoy the game and play nice?

So it's like tea bagging? but with squids? how original.

I tend to do that movement on Salmon Run to celebrate surviving a match but I don't really like the movement in competitive. I agree is poor sportsmanship. It actually makes me giggle seeing one being killed while's at it.

IveI had a guy squid bagging me just to get me to follow him. Threw a bomb and went a different direction. Here to ink, no babysit. K, byez.

Yeah it's this game's version of t bagging. I legit feel bad when I do it on accident. I'm usually being shot at from different directions and I'm just panicking . I never do it on purpose for being a jerk.

I don't really let it get to me. It's silly and just shows that they're immature. Just because they got a good kill doesn't mean they can rub it in your face. I'm pretty glad that it's banned in competitive play such as scrims and tournaments, Just proves that it's bad practice.

I have standards, So I don't squidbag at all. I suggest you just ignore it and carry on with the match. If you do the same, That's not exactly setting a good example.

Reactions: AricAttack
GEEZ...why do you guys hate squid bagging so much?

Eh, I’m not actually entirely sure myself, lol

I think it’s where if someone kills you, they just jump up and down while mashing the ZL button. Seems like how someone would crouch up and down in Fortnite, lol

To me, seems like a move to show off or to provoke someone. So, I don’t use it for that very reason.

Reactions: Mikaya and AricAttack
I don't really care about it. Yes, it's poor sportmanship, but I still don't care.

Reactions: AricAttack
I don't squidbag unless it's for fun with friends or unless it's a bunch of people squid partying. But it sure does get a bit frustrating when someone else squidbags you. It's like they're taunting you and saying "you suck lol". So I just focus on splatting them for the rest of the game and squidbag back. Some people report others for squidbagging but I don't think it should really be taken that far. I mean, if it's there in the game, there's nothing really wrong with it right?

If I was good at the game and I KO'd someone I might squidbag because I want them to have a bad time. Then again "the most oppressed group of all" is gamers so I might let them KO me on purpose if I don't lose the game over it. I'd get tilted over naming conventions rather than game movement any day though.

Back