What is "Start Free" supposed to mean?

• Thread starter makasher
  • Start date
makasher

makasher

New Kid on the Block
Towns Folk
lately Nintendo has put a section of games called "start free"
well what is the point of starting free if you have to pay 2 play afterwards, i mean if you want to play free why can't we finish "free"

First off, why the big fonts? Secondly, it makes sense these games are "free-to-start" (the proper term). With games like Rusty's Baseball, Stetchmo, and Sub-Wars, you start off playing a bit of the game without paying anything and then they ask you to pay for more content. Although I don't get why Pokémon Rumble and Shuffle are in this section when they are as free as they get.

It means Pay2Win, Freemium etc. You can start the game but if you want to progress at a normal speed or even finish some games you have to pay. The free games on 3ds so far are:
Rusty's Real Deal Baseball, Stretchmo, Steel Diver Sub Wars, Iron Fall Invasion, Pokemon Rumble World, Pokemon Shuffle, and Pokemon Picross.

The Pokemon games you can actually finish with out paying though ;)

Reactions: Kakea
I wish they made more games free to start, or make a free to start version of some already released downloadable games: Then you could play to certain point at least than not be able to play period.

Free-to-start games are usually those which you can download and play for free but then have an option to pay money to continue. The Pokemon Rumble World/ Shuffle/ Picross games are pretty decent for a freemium game as well as Steel Diver: Sub Wars, but I really feel like Rusty's Read Deal Baseball and Stretchmo are pretty much demos.

The Pokemon Rumble World/ Shuffle/ Picross games are pretty decent for a freemium game
Picross is free? Guess I have something new to try. And you seem to be changing your avatar a lot these days.

Picross is free? Guess I have something new to try. And you seem to be changing your avatar a lot these days.
Yep. Though I haven't actually downloaded and played it yet but I do know it's free to play.

PS. I change my avatar a lot, it usually lasts until I can find another one :p

Yep. Though I haven't actually downloaded and played it yet but I do know it's free to play.

PS. I change my avatar a lot, it usually lasts until I can find another one :p
Er. I kinda hate Picross now.

Back