what is the best rpg to play for the 3ds?(besides pokemon)

• Thread starter codyplays
  • Start date
codyplays

codyplays

Pancake
Towns Folk
So I am a avid rpg fan and player and Iv just wanted to play a good rpg for the 3ds.
I have played dq9 and loved it if that gives a perspective of what I think an rpg is.
I have thought about fantasy life but I wanted to know if there are any ones that you think I might like.
Any suggestions?

Now that I read this I sound like a robot kind of :)

Ooh,someone who likes dragon quest other than me! :)

Until they get the new DQ's localized I think bravely default,and some classic DQ games are great to pass time. Especially bravely default :D

Reactions: Malladus
Pfft, most of these suggestions I prefer over Pokémon anyway.

You already know about Fantasy Life, so how about that Fire Emblem: Awakening? It's a tactical turn-based RPG with strong content all around. There's also Tales of the Abyss, a real-time (so a not turn-based) RPG I've heard very good things about which also seems to have solid content all around. And we also have Bravely Default, another turn-based RPG with a very interesting job system.

If any of those (barring Tales of the Abyss because I need to play that first) interest you, let me know and I'll go deeper into them.

IV heard of bravely default and saw the trailer for tails of the abyss guess i should one. For now ill start with abyss and later bd. Thanks for the suggestions.

Bravely Default is a must if you like Turn-based RPG's. It is like Final Fantasy at it roots, and even better. Any Legend of Zelda game is also great, namely Ocarina of Time 3D and Link Between Worlds, and the soon to come GLORIOUS MAJORA'S MASK 3D! :D
I have also read some great reviews about Fantasy Life, so it might be worth a try. I haven't played it, though, so I can't really say anything.

Can't download tales of the abyss digitally sad day, and bravely default is 20000 blocks come on nintendo,guess I'm going to fantasy life then.
Also I can't wait till majoras mask 3d either, they really keep us on edge

Reactions: Icemario
You'll love Fantasy Life, it's a great game.

Rune Factory 4! It's not just RPG, but also simulation, dating and stuffs. The story is a little too cheesy but I do love the gameplay. Bravely Default is also great, but I only play a demo so I don't really know much about it :p

Now I'm interested in Fantasy Life. Might try!

Reactions: Icemario
Shin Megami Tensei IV? Devil Survivor Overclocked? All of the Atlus games are generally great RPGs and there are so many sales for them its ridiculous. I've heard great things about overclocked, I downloaded it the other day but have yet to play it. I can vouch for SMTIV though. Great game so far. I'm about half way through. Fire Emblem Awakening is a great strategy rpg too. And I know you mentioned that Tales of the Abyss isn't digital, but if you find it retail go for it. It was my first Tales of game and I fell in love! I also don't know how you feel about Etrian Odyssey, but there's a couple of demos for IV and Untold and those are pretty good. Persona Q also came out which is a mash up of the persona 3 and 4 cast with etrian odyssey style gameplay which I myself am going to go ahead and get when there's a sale. The 3DS really has some great RPGs in its library though. I don't think you can go wrong.

Have you tried MH3 ultimate? I know what you may think, this game is not actually an rpg, but let me tell you that it is because it has some rpg influences specially on the weapons and the armor you wear that allows you to advance in the field. Otherwise you will be monster's dinner. Trust me, it is a good game, and the rpg is present in what i have told you, besides it has good amount of action.

Back