What is the best weapon?

• Thread starter PalD2
  • Start date
PalD2

PalD2

Just some guy on the interwebs
Towns Folk
We all have our favorite weapons, and that is fantastic for varied gameplay. I understand that every weapon is vastly different, and some are better in some situations than others, but what is objectively the best weapon?

I hate this question because it is asked so many times. There is no "best weapon" all of them are good in their own ways. It all depends on what you like best and what you are most effective as. I personally mained the insect glaive in MH4U, and did very well with it. Had a very good time with it and loved. I also thought that i was fairly talented ans skilled at the game, but I've played online with some people who were also insect glaives and they were terrible. Not because they were bad players, but just because they didn't work well together with the insect glaive's style. They were great great swords, or double blade users, but they just didn't work out with the insect glaive.

The only way to ave an objective "best weapon" is to choose a specific category, such as raw damage, mobility, elemental damage, or adaptability, or to choose a single weapon type, and find one of the best ones in that single weapon type. Even then you won't be able to get a completely objective answer some of the times. It's just impossible.

Reactions: Fantivity
That my friend is a matter of opinion, there isn't exactly a main best weapon as u will always have someone who disagrees. I love Insect glaive the kinsect and the ability to mount a monster without jumping off a ledge is useful. U can even jump backwards to evade if a monster isn't coming directly at you.
As I said though there isn't one it's just a matter of opinion.

Reactions: TribstyAnn
My absolute favorite weapon would have to be the Gunlance form Monster Hunter 4. What it lacks in defense, it more than makes up for it in its sheer power and crazy damage output. I especially like the different effects you can add to its bullets, as it adds another dimension to the game's already highly-customizable gameplay.

Back