What is the difference between Nintendo Switch and Switch Lite?

• Thread starter Maddie
  • Start date
Maddie

Maddie

The Hero in Green
Towns Folk
What is the difference between Nintendo Switch and Switch Lite? I'm just asking because I already have the Switch but I don't have the Lite. I've been thinking about if I should keep what I got or is the Lite better.

Reactions: Yumi Chi
Well for starters, there are games that only the main Switch can play. The Lite version can only play some of them.

Then there's the fact that the joycons are attached to the Lite version, and can't be taken off. I THINK you can still use wireless controllers for it, tho. That's good if you still wanna use motion controls. But people say it has the drifitng issue like the joycons in general, which is bad cuz you can't change them. But maybe using the wireless controllers will be fine.

Unlike the main Switch, the Switch Lite can't be docked, so no playing games on TV. o/

I believe you can still play with other normal Switch users on some games, so that's a plus.

I think that's all the differences, to my understanding. But someone else may have more to say. o/

Reactions: Yumi Chi and Mikaya
There's also a lower battery life, no HD rumble, no IR camera either.

TLDR; it's not much cheaper for something that lacks a LOT of features.

Reactions: Yumi Chi and Mikaya
i think the switch lite is better (many people would disagree) because i never will connect to the tv and i play mostly in handheld. if you are more of a handheld gamer go for the switch. you miss out on a couple games but i dont really think that 1 2 switch or just dance are MUST PLAY games. the switch lite is smaller and lighter which gives it a better feel to it you could say while the switch feels a little big. if you want to play 1 2 switch sooooo bad you can just buy joy cons seperately. just buy some cheap fake ones. the lite can play all games the switch can except for like 3 to 4 games.

i meant to say switch lite in the second sentence

Reactions: Yumi Chi
Back