What is the most important thing for you in a Zelda game?

• Thread starter 532
  • Start date

What is the most important thing for you in a Zelda game?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
I want to know what is the most important thing for you in a Zelda game. This consists of elements every game has to improve it's playability.
For me, the most important thing in any Zelda game is the storyline. That is because Zelda games are famous for their rich, detailed and immersive storylines. Legend of Zelda games have always had great graphics, amazing soundtracks and memorable characters. The storylines in LoZ games are quite immersive, and they have that factor that makes you feel like you are really the Hero. That adds to the replay value of the game and often makes up for the lack of graphics.
What about you guys? What is the most important thing for you guys in a Zelda game? Let me know in the replies below.

I'd say the replay value. Who wants a game you only play once and forget about? Most Zelda games have that factor, you end up re-visiting pretty much any game from the series (Ocarina of time being the most likely because it's epic). :p

I'd say the replay value. Who wants a game you only play once and forget about? Most Zelda games have that factor, you end up re-visiting pretty much any game from the series (Ocarina of time being the most likely because it's epic). :p
Yes, Replay value is one main factor that all Zelda games have. I usually play a new Zelda game to complete the storyline. On my second playthrough, I try to complete the game 100%. On my third playthrough, I try to complete the game with as few deaths as possible, averting from my usual path and explore a bit more.
Zelda Ocarina of Time is a game that I have played more that 4 times. It is a masterpiece that will last throughout the ages, and the urge to replay it will never fade away.

Reactions: Mikaya
Zelda games are just so well crafted that everything just seems to fit so well in it that its almost like a movie. I normally dont like backtracking and stuff in games but it just feels so natural in zelda games that its not even noticable or anything. I would have to say story, gameplay and characters are most important to me in Zelda games, and while I havent played them all (yet) the ones I have played all blew me away, these games are amazing and I hope they never go away

I think Zelda games should have a mix of a strong storyline, memorable and unique characters, engaging gameplay, thoughtful challenges (i.e. dungeons, puzzles), and enough replay value to warrant second or third playthroughs (Master Quest). Ocarina of Time did a good job in covering all of these, and I'd like to see even better games in the future.

Reactions: Nano
I want to put one specifically for puzzles, especially because in OoT3D's Master Quest I enjoyed solving their puzzles the most like say everything in the Water Temple. Going back to the basic move you were given before for the last boss in the game after almost never using (unless you never use Epona or something) is also an interesting concept I'd love to see used in more games because you remember how long ago you used it and it wasn't super useful until the end. If LoZ had multiple endings that would make OoT the greatest game in the world because of its replayablilty being boosted by 300%.

Reactions: Nano
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back