What is up with PETA’s new game?

• Thread starter luigiFTW
  • Start date
luigiFTW

luigiFTW

The Hero in Green
Towns Folk
so, PETA, those people who got mad at mario for wearing a tanooki skin? Yeah, they decided to make a game. It is called kitten squad and it is free in NA on the switch so you can try it too. It seems to be a top down twin stick shooter, but your main objective is to rescue animals. When you get a quest you can watch a long cutscene raising awareness about how humans have mistreated the animal you are gonna save. Then you play the game. It isn’t too hard, and you can play with up to 4 people. You can find weapons lying on the ground, and there is a lot of types of weapons, so it’s pretty fun. Considering the game is free, it’s pretty great. It’s pretty obvious that it was made in game maker though.

PETA have made a fair amount of games. All of them use shock-value to try and force people to become vegan though and kind of embellish the truth.

I'd never play this game unless it's just as bad as their other ones, but I'm now just wondering how messed up the cutscenes are.

The cutscene i watched wasn’t too terrible, just a orca being taken away from his family and put in a zoo without any other orcas. It’s definitely trying super hard to make you feel bad and there is even a character (probably the worst character ever) that just tells you random gruesome facts about things people do to animals.

Yeah, they do that thing in all their games, the gruesome "facts". In their cooking mama game, after like ever level or something it'd pop up with one of those "facts".

I'm not saying that kind of stuff they're saying doesn't happen, it does. But they're making out that it's happening EVERYWHERE and no one has humane farms or, absolutely no one but them treats animals right. At least here in the UK, hardly anything PETA says that happens actually happens. PETA like to embellish the truth, or don't give the full story to try and force veganism onto people. It's the shock value that people know them for, so they keep going with it, and they keep on making what they put out worse and worse. They don't care if they put a kid friendly looking game out to the public, cause they don't care if kids see what things they put out. They want the controversy, they want the negative attention because their mindset is that, it doesn't matter if the attention is good or bad, their messages are still going out there to the internet and all of that is just making more people see their things.

It’s definitely overstating the things it says, like “farms tend to cut lambs with thier shears too fast because shearers are paid by amount of whool, causing the lambs to be cut and injured, without painkillers.”
What farms? 2? Just because they are paid by amount doesn’t mean that they are gaurenteed to cut dangerously. They also tend to add “without painkillers” to emphasize the point of animals in pain.

The game isn’t too bad though, and it isn’t hard to skip past all of peta’s junk(i actually accidentally skipped alot) so its a pretty good free game to play on the switch if you do that. If you don’t want to play it to oppose peta thats fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would never play any of their games cause I know they aren't good people as they say they are. I find it rather two faced that they say they try to help animals but really they are known to kill more animals then the save . Due to that fact I would never even listen to them at all cause they are people that are just in it to try to make a name for them self and not to really save any poor creature.

I’ve seen a lot of you tubers play their “games”. Most are just declarations about how “violent” games like Pokémon and Mario are. Protest was literally a Pokémon move :/ this is too far

Back