What is Wrong with MH4U

• Thread starter G MAN
  • Start date
G MAN

G MAN

NYEH HEH HEH!
Towns Folk
Why do people hate me for asking for MH4U for Christmas so I have a fun multiplayer title to play with my friend from school? People say I should play the others first, but we played the demo and we're hooked. I just chose it because of how well the game plays. Can someone please tell me what the importance of playing these types of games in order? Sorry if this sounds stupid by the way, my friend and I are new to Monster Hunter

Those people are stupid for saying that, you can play them in any order.

Reactions: G MAN
since MH doesn't have any series-wide story (like KH, for example) there's really no point to playing them in any order, except to see the old villages and monsters. honestly, i don't see what would be wrong with getting MH4U, especially if it's something you can play with a friend.

Monster Hunter 4U was my first MH game and I'm enjoying it, there's no punishment for not having played the other games in the series, don't worry.

I really don't see the problem with not playing them in order. If you really enjoy MH4U and decide to play older titles after, that seems totally fine to me. Just don't pay attention to people who tell you that you have to play them in order.

I agree with everyone else on this post I don't see why there would be a problem with playing them out of order I mean in 4 they do reference the village in 3 I believe its one of the quests to collect sushifish the quest giver mentions Moga Village which is the main village in 3 but other than that there isn't a set story line.

I dont see any problem with starting with monster hunter 4 ultimate :p I just got monster hunter 4 ultimate for christmas and its my first monster hunter game and it doesn't look like it has any part with other game besides the reference to the village in 3 :p Anways, How are you liking to the so far? Im trying to get the link armor at the moment :p

I saw absolutely nothing wrong with starting out with MH4U. Personally, I got it like sometime early last year when MH4U was only $20. Since I never knew much about and never paid too much attention to it, I never played it at all during the first half of the year. As time progressed, I started playing early September and got addicted really fast. To answer your question, there is nothing wrong with starting with MH4U first because that was the first game in the MH I've ever played.

I also just recently got MH3U after playing MH4U for around 660 hours and in some ways, I'm enjoying it more than I probably would if I got MH3U first. So I see no problem playing them out of order.

Get whatever you want...

I don't think their is anything wrong with the game. To be honest I'm a beginner and I only have one palcio and I don't know how to get two. Other then that it's good because they have a wide selection of weapons and a ton of armor choices. That's what I think about monster hunter 4 ultimate.

I don't think their is anything wrong with the game. To be honest I'm a beginner and I only have one palcio and I don't know how to get two. Other then that it's good because they have a wide selection of weapons and a ton of armor choices. That's what I think about monster hunter 4 ultimate.
You get more as part of the story.

I don't see any problem with you doing this, as Monster Hunter 4 U is a wonderful game, and in no way requires the other games in the series to be played first. In my opinion, it is one of the best games in the series,with loads if customization options and extremely fun battles. I guess what I'm saying is, don't let other people get you down just because you want to do something a different way than they did it.

MH4U was my first as well, and it's amazing. Go for it, unless you want generations.

I would still recommend both, although Monster Hunter World should be coming out pretty soon for consoles

Back