What is your favorite Blades man or gunner

• Thread starter TheAngryBEaver8
  • Start date
T

TheAngryBEaver8

New Kid on the Block
Towns Folk
Which is superior blade or gun?
Would you bring a knife to a gun fight?.

blade is better to me since when using the gun it takes some time to blast every shot plus you have to reload when you run out of bullets or the ammo while the swords are easy to handle and quick.

I prefer going Gunner when I hunt with friends but since I only keep like 2-3 decent Gunner Sets then I might be doing a bad job at it. I mainly use Melee weapons (Switchaxe kek) when I hunt solo, though.

Well... As someone who is capable of using all weapons I advise that you should consider some points, namely

Gunner
Pros
- gunner weapons can be used in point blank(added that some bullets and coatings now damage higher when range is closer)
- with its new edge attack boowguns can reload faster
- because of the mounting/jumping system more advantageous spots for gunners appear
- you can still farm bullets
- range varies from short to long
Cons
- squishy
- certain monsters can now climb said advantageous spots
- point blank shooting requires high dodging skill

Blademaster
Pros
- 2 new weapons(yay) which are both sort of overpowered(in a way)
- sharpening time can be shortened
- range varies from short to mid
- can tank heavy shots(depends on the armor and weapon really)
- can deal high damage in one hit
Cons
- range varies from short to mid
- sharpening time can be made longer
- prone to monsters power attacks(hip checks, tail whips, and something of the sort)

I would rather say the Gunner because I like fighting and doing damage from afar rather than melee . I like the way it is and how quiet unique it is and I really don't mind the reloading part but it does sometimes gets annoying but iverall this weapon is very great and I enjoy playing this :p

Back