What is your favorite gamepad feature?

• Thread starter luigiFTW
  • Start date
luigiFTW

luigiFTW

The Hero in Green
Towns Folk
The wii u had alot of interesting things in it thanks to the pile of stuff inside the gamepad, for example: Good drawings on miiverse wouldn’t exist without the touch screen. Wii u chat uses its camera and mic. Motion controls make many games on the wii u better,(mk8, splatoon, star fox 0, nintendo land) the tv remote button. The second screen allowed for new forms of multiplayer gameplay (nintendo land and game and wario) while also making some games pause menu free, thanks to on the go inventory management. Maybe you like the notification light? You tell me.

Reactions: Jisenku
Motion controls, hands down.
I must agree. I can’t tell for sure, but i think it might be a bit better than the joycons motion controls. Another feature that I forgot to mention is the tv button, which is just nice to have. I miss it sometimes on the switch, but since I usually grab the joycons from under the tv it isnt as big of a deal.

I personally loved having the map on its own screen for Splatoon. It was much easier for me just to glance down a quick second to see what was happening vs bringing up a map that covers my screen. Also motion controls made the game a lot better for me.

Reactions: luigiFTW
Motion controls were one of the good feature of the Wii U. Another was the Nintendo TV function. It got a lot of hate, but personally, I thouroughly enjoyed the application, and used it quite often before it’s demise. ;-;

My favorite feature was, at the time, being able to play anywhere on my house (basically on the bed like a handheld or on the couch). So basically I used kinda like the Switch now haha

The entire concept with mario maker was really nice. I could make the level below and see a clear view of it on my tv. I could also just play on the bottom screen which was super nice too. I really miss being able to use a touch screen and see a clean copy of my level at the same time.

I absolutely love the gamepads functionality for splatoon. Splatoon utilizes the gamepad absolutely well. I miss drawing on the gamepad for miiverse tho. I really miss that functionality a lot. An underated feature but it's pretty cool is the ability to videochat using the wii u gamepad. It was discontinued along with miiverse though so you can't do it anymore so rip ;_;. I miss the popularity of the wii u so much . I still use my wii u in 2020 but only for modding splatoon. I do custom splatfests that are held by a group of people on discord. People are also planning to revive miiverse which I'm really looking forward to.

Back