What is your favorite music track from The Legend of Zelda?

• Thread starter Samster
  • Start date
Samster

Samster

*secretly has a crush on Marina
Towns Folk
Hey, all! Samster here, with another random topic! Literally five minutes after the first one. :'D

Now then! The Legend of Zelda is famous for a lot of things, from it’s diverse puzzles, to the incredible storylines. But, you know what’s so amazing about the game to me? The music. Not many people focus on it, but the music is an unbelievable part of the series. What’s your favorite song from the series?

Honestly, mine is Midna’s Lament from Twilight Princess. I’m not kidding you, that’s the only video game song that can get me to cry. It’s just so well done, and so freaking emotional! ;~; Like, I actually almost died when I first heard it. Combined with the gameplay of you rushing poor injured Midna to Hyrule Castle, this music is so unbelievably effective to me. Definitely my favorite music track ever made in the series, and possibly my favorite song of all time. Dear god, now I’m tearing up just thinking about the song. ;-;

Whew, sorry about that. :redpanda: Anyhoo, what’s your favorite song from The Legend of Zelda?

Reactions: P2.0
Oof, I have too many to name! D: If I had to narrow it down to one of my top favorites, though, I'd pick Termina Field. \o/

If anyone has played Ocarina of Time, you sorta hear bits of the original Zelda Overworld theme in Hyrule Field. It's majestic as all heck. ;-;
But now Link is in a completely new area. Everyone looks like people he's seen in Hyrule, but no one knows who he is, and everyone's different! ( Yes, Nintendo claimed that Termina IS an actual place, not something Link dreamt up. :p )
The moon is threatening the land, and there's only boy who can save them all. :artist:

That's when you start to hear that familiar tune from so many years ago start playing. You start to feel braver as you traverse the unknown, sword in shield in hand. Bring it on, Majora! :eyes2:

...And that's why Termina Field is one of my top faves. \o/

Reactions: Kaynil and Samster
I like quite a few of them. You can't go wrong with the main theme. It's basically the most remembered and overdone one but that's how you identify it's a Legend of the Hero Zelda game. As for overworld themes I like Gerudo Valley because it's very fitting for a spicy infiltration/escape. Temple of Time is good too. I can imagine it being played at a royal or religious ceremony like it's being hummed and sang by the priest with lyrics from the Lord's Prayer. I also like Last Battle because of the drums are playing like it's the Civil War all over again. If I had to choose then it would be Gerudo Valley as I can listen to that and never get tired of it.

Reactions: Kaynil and Samster
I always liked was the Tal tal Heights from Link's Awakening (I can't wait for the switch rendition)

Since the first time, I heard a MIDI in a Zelda website, back when Ocarina of Time was all I ever knew. The Dark Overworld Theme from A Link to The Past really got my attention. Now, with the arrangement they did at the very beginning when you play A Link Between Worlds, this is for sure one of my favourite themes:

From Ocarina and Majora's Mask I love a lot of the tracks. I grew with them. The Temple theme is also pretty good. I live the Melee rendition.

I really love the overworld theme In spirit tracks, as it is really catchy and is very unique. Spirit tracks may not be the most perfect game but it does have great music. Another is Mable village which is calm and soothing. I like both versions of lost woods, oot and lttp. All of windwaker is good music, can't name a bad track from it.

Back