What is your favorite SMT4 Quest?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Out of the numerous quests available in Shin Megami Tensei IV (including DLC), which is your favorite and why?

Since I haven't touched the DLC (Masakado's Shadow DLC feels so difficult since you will be counting on Uriel's 15 hit skill - among other skills to strengthen it), I think Raven of the Underground (Law route, optional quest) is my favorite.

It is requested by Gabriel, to slay a 'fallen' angel because of his different opinion about God's nature (and so, the Four Archangels' judgment toward mankind) - Mastema.

It gave me vibe since both angels - the Archangels group vs Mastema - have different understanding about God, so you could not really decide whether God in SMT IV is cruel (except when you mention THAT Ancient of Days DLC quest).

In my opinion, Mastema is going neutral here (as opposed to Strange Journey - but still, he's fickle as always). His appearance and this quest made Law route worth, I think, because he made me think over and over.

Anyway, you can hear Mastema's opinion toward your chosen path (Neutral and Chaos included) by visiting him. It's inspiring.

I really enjoyed the DLC Quest "Ancient One of the Sun", where you have to defeat the Ancient of Days. For those that may not know, (possible spoilers ahead) It's about your character heading back to Blasted Tokyo to defeat the Ancient of Days, a holy being sent by God to "cleanse" the land of life. It shows how brutal God really was; after the cutscene it made me feel really bad for Kiyoharu. He thought God was coming to save them from the demons, only to find out that he truly wanted to simply eradicate them all. It was such a difficult boss. It's Stigmatic Gleam attack was devastating... I was defeated multiple times before I had to fuse stronger demons. Very satisfying when I finally defeated him.

Back