Splatoon 2 What is your favorite Splatoon 2 weapon?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
The game has been out for a while now so I'm sure most people have used at least one weapon that they enjoyed using. If you're one of them, what's your favorite weapon in Splatoon 2 so far and why is it your favorite?

Reactions: JJsquirtle
The game has been out for a while now so I'm sure most people have used at least one weapon that they enjoyed using. If you're one of them, what's your favorite weapon in Splatoon 2 so far and why is it your favorite?

Most of the shooters. Particularly, the Sploosh-O-Matic, the custom Splattershot Jr, and the vanilla Splattershot. But that's because I'm bad at everything else, and the kits that comes with those three are useful enough to me.

Curling Bomb + Splashdown for the Sploosh-O-Matic is pretty nice for Turf Wars, in addition to the Splattershot-esque feel of the weapon, because Curling Bombs bounces against walls, all while painting the ground they slide on (and painting the zone where they explode, hence why they're pretty powerful in Turf Wars), and Splashdown offers a way to paint a big zone around you, all while dealing a one-hit KO to all the enemies who wanted to get too close (e. g. Roller users).

Burst Bomb + Splashdown for the Splattershot is also pretty fun. I already told why Splashdown is a pretty nifty special, so I'll skip directly to the burst bomb. The burst bomb, while not nearly as powerful (as in, can't splat in one hit) as all the other bombs, is the bomb that costs the less ink to throw, and explodes instantly on contact, no matter if it's an enemy, the ground or anything. Pretty useful to throw over walls if you can aim correctly, because if there was enemies there, they'll either have to ink the blast radius to remove the slowing effect of your ink, or get out of where they were hiding to fight you. All while being (slightly) damaged.

Auto Bomb + Ink Storm for the Custom Splattershot Jr, because Ink Storm isn't really a conditional special; it's a special you want to abuse to paint inaccessible zones & tell those pesky charger users to find another spot, and Auto Bomb is pretty effective against chargers again, because they tend to stay in one place while they focus someone, so it's an easy splat most of the time. Oh, and while I'm at it: while Ink Storm isn't enough on its own to splat an enemy, having Special Up abilities is all it takes to give it that splatting ability (provided the enemy stay in the zone long enough. If they don't, it still remains an Area of Effect continuous damage special)

Also, I forgot it, but I may sometimes play the infamously, hated, N-Zap '89. Just because it's useful enough to clear potential threats quickly. It comes with the Tenta Missiles, which is a "Have an enemy on the screen, press ZR, and missiles will fly their way to said enemy" special, and said missiles deal damage and ink where they land, and it also comes with the Auto Bomb, which I explained already.

If that's still needed, here are the links on the Splatoon Wiki for the weapons I mentioned:
Sploosh-O-Matic: https://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/Sploosh-o-matic
Splattershot: https://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/Splattershot
Custom Splattershot Jr: https://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/Custom_Splattershot_Jr.
N-ZAP '89: https://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/N-ZAP_'89

I'm a huge fan of duelies tbh. I like how different they are from every other weapon... and the dodge roll is gorgeous!

Now that I have the game, I'll make my list of what I love using the most:

Splat Roller - it's my main weapon of choice. The curling bomb helps me fool enemies or travel faster while splashdown helps splat enemies when I'm low on ink and surrounded.
(Custom) Splattershot Jr. - maybe the ONLY regular paint gun I use.
Carbon Roller Deco - when I need a faster roller, I turn to the carbon roller deco. The burst bomb helps me get out of tough spots at times and I can also use it on the offensive to slow down enemies. The autobomb launcher is decent too.
Blaster - I think it's my most used blaster. Toxic mist helps make enemies retreat or easier to splat while splashdown refills my ink tank or gets rid of enemies trying to surround me.
Clash Blaster Neo - got to love those bunny jumps while releasing a bunch of shots.

Im still bew to splatoon 2 but out of the weapons i have for bein a lvl 8 i like the duel weapons best lol

Reactions: SS1o7crazydude
Well, it depends which mode I'm playing. Whether it's Splat Zones, Tower Control, Rainmaker, Clam Blitz or Turf Wars.

For Splat Zones, I use the Dapple Dualies. Not because of the squid beakons but because it's powerful, it's good and covers a lot of ink. And also because of the dodge rolls which are quick and can prevent attacks (I know you can do that with all the daulies). The special is the Suction Bomb Launcher. This is handy when your opponents have control of the Splat Zones as you can immediately come in from an unexpected angle and throw a bunch of them and take control.

For Tower Control, I use the Aerospray MG because it has a good fire rate. It has suction bombs which you can throw at the tower when your opponents are on it which can kill them so then you can take control of the tower. It also has the Curling Bomb Launcher which is pretty useless in tower control unless you're on the tower. In the event that I am on the tower and enemies are nearby, then I might unleash my Curling Bomb Launcher by throwing them in all directions to prevent enemies from getting closer for a limited time.

For Rainmaker, I use the Dapple Dualies. You can set squid beakons anywhere in the map. If I get splatted, I can squid jump to one to get back into the game by hiding them behind objects or walls. If my special is ready, I can fire a bunch of suction bombs at the rainmaker's barrier in order for our team to win it over.

For Clam Blitz, I use the Custom Dualie Squelchers. My goal is to get to the opponents side. Even if I don't have ten clams. Then, I'll kill every opponent in my path and even throw ink mist towards their spawn point or throw burst bombs above. And when they're all gone, I'll wait for someone on my team to throw a football in their basket.

For Turf Wars, I personally think that the Aerospray MG is the best. And that's what I used for the most recent Splatfest. The Aerospray MG's fire rate is good. The curling bomb launcher can give you lots of points for turf. It covers a lot of ground. The suction bombs can also help.

Reactions: Mikaya
Since I use a variety of weapons (somewhat consider myself a flex player), I can't just pick one. xD

-Spattershot
-Splat/Enperry Dualies
-Splat/Krak-on Roller
-Tri-slosher Nouveau
-Octobrush Nouveau
-Clash Blaster
-Custom Dualie Squelchers
-Splattershot Pro
-Carbon Roller Deco
-.52 Gal
-Rapid Blaster
-Zink Mini Splatling

I better stop there, I think. :lapras:

Depending on the stage, I choose weapons that suit that stage well (i.e Splat roller on Humpback or Splattershot Pro on Piranha Pit).

Reactions: Marc
Now, don’t hate on me for asking this question, as I know a lot of you use different weapons for different modes. But, what I’m trying to ask is what’s your favorite weapon? As in, what’s your favorite or most loved weapon? For me, it would probably be either the Sploosh-O-Matic, or the Aerospray MG, mainly because they both have fast rates of fire, and cause they’re awesome, lol. What about you guys! Got a favorite weapon you love to play around with?

Splat Roller Marc got me to use it :D and it’s pretty good, it works well most of the time, even though sometimes you’re right next to the enemy than you hit them and they don’t get splatted.

kensa splatterscope this was the weapon I used when I was fighting Marc and roxra at the same time which got me this photo
D39CB9EF-FE9E-4E42-B229-D3511428EA91.png

Splat Roller Marc got me to use it :D and it’s pretty good, it works well most of the time, even though sometimes you’re right next to the enemy than you hit them and they don’t get splatted.

kensa splatterscope this was the weapon I used when I was fighting Marc and roxra at the same time which got me this photo
Roxra was way better than marc at hiding it seems, he has the best KD ratio of the game.

Reactions: AricAttack
Regular Splat Dualies. They're my favorite type of dualies and I love them :) I'm pretty good with them too (I'm not like those guys that say "hey, those looked cool in the commercials" and don't know what the heck they're doing).

I love most of the weapons and I like to experiment with new weapons every now and then, but I have some preferred weapons for certain modes.

For salmon run, I like using sloshers or chargers. I know that it's randomized but those are my preferred weapons. Sloshers can kill the mini salmonoids fast and can also kill the bosses reasonably quick. They can easily destroy the steel head and the steel eels. I just wish that they could defeat flyfish too. I mean, it seems logical that the large amount of ink you throw in can be as effective as a bomb. But the game doesn't seem to think that ;~;. I like chargers because it feels a bit like none of the bosses can get me. I can stay at a distance and pick out the bosses one by one. The main problem is when the mini salmonoids rush at you. You can't kill them all so you have no choice but to run.

For turf war, I like to go with blobber, aerospray pg or undercover umbrella. Blobber is a really fun weapon to use overall and it's easily one of the most satisfying weapons (Don't tell me those bubbles bouncing around don't look nice). It has decent inking capabilities and can get kills easily. I use undercover brella when there are too many snipers. The umbrella can take one sniper hit which gives me the time to kill them before the second shot. And I only use aerospray pg because it has a good sub and a good special. It's the weapon that gives you the fastest booyah bomb.

For rainmaker, I tend to go with blobber again. It's so effective at breaking the rainmaker barrier. Like the 4 bubbles can break it really fast compared to other weapons. And it's good for kills too. So it's like a perfect balance. And you don't really need to ink turf much except for a clear path to the goal and the blobber does exactly that: It makes a clear straight long line.

For clam blitz, I go with splooshomatic 7. The 2 main reasons being the speed and the special. The speed is really useful. You can weave through the ink and collect the clams with grace. And you can usually outrun enemies. And the ink stamp special is really useful. It can take you all the way to the enemies basket and get you kills along the way. Usually they don't have enough time to go behind me to splat me. And the second my special ends, i'm near the basket, so I cant make the shot. And for extra protection, you can have someone follow you from behind so that they cover your back and you're almost untouchable.

For tower controls, I think clash blaster is really good. that explosion at the end plus the speed can kill multiple enemies on the tower. It sucks at inking but it's amazing at getting kills. Even if you're on the tower, you can get lots of kills. This weapon will definitely enrage lots of players but that doesn't make it any less fun to use.

For splat zones, I like to use jet squelchers. Jet squelchers were basically made for this mode. You can stay at a safe distance while you ink the zone. And the sub is toxic mist which is perfect because it can trap the enemies that try to ink the zone. Usually the opponents can't reach you if you're at a safe spot and you can just get multiple kills. And the special is really useful for this mode. Tenta missiles forces the enemy to move out of the zone, which gives your team a chance to take it back. Or if they stay in the zone, the missiles will cover the zone and you'll take over. So it's a win-win scenario.

These are my preferred weapons for various game modes.

Back