What is your favorite Steam game?

• Thread starter Samster
  • Start date
Samster

Samster

*secretly has a crush on Marina
Towns Folk
I probably won’t be able to answer this well, cause I don’t own many Steam games. But here we go anyway! D:

What is your absolute favorite Steam game that you currently have in your library? For me, I’d have to say Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. A game that I repurchased for nostalgia, and good feels. It’s always been my favorite game of all time no matter what (for many reasons), so I just had to buy it on Steam. :p

What about you guys? Got a favorite Steam game? :eyes:

There is an app version of the game I'm mentioning, but they are practically the same on both platforms.

My answer has to be Geometry Dash. I've been stuck with it for three years and so far it's been quite enjoyable. It's a game that I find never really gets old. Let me explain why I like the game so much.

The game is essentially The Impossible Game, but with a bunch of new features. There's 21 official levels made by the creator himself, which are actually really difficult when you first play the game. There is also a level creator, which is probably my favorite level creator for any game. People can create so much with the level creator, like someone made an actual RPG using just some of the objects. Another person was able to recreate mini golf. There's a lot to be done with the level editor. There's some amazing levels out there, but how do these levels get attention? Simple, the creator of the game finds good levels and gives them a star value so people get rewards from playing the level, granting the level a ton of popularity. The game itself thrives on the online content, which there is a ton of. There's over 20000 star rated levels out there, and none of them (for the most part, there are some people who bypassed the system somehow) are really the same.

There are some issues with the game however. The updates are very slow, and the community (besides some online forums) is very very sickening. So much so that I find the game to be most enjoyable when the community is ignored. Also, some levels are granted to be very unfun or awful, but that's with any game with level creation. It is pretty hard to get stars, but that can be fixed if your level gets popular enough. Lastly, there are some REALLY REALLY REALLY difficult levels that have been beaten, so I wouldn't recommend playing them.

I've put in thousands of hours creating in this game, and I'd recommend it to anyone who played and enjoyed Mario Maker. It's less than $5 for the game anyways.

Town of Salem is a very close second because of how much fun it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: AricAttack and Samster
Back