What is your favorite Wii U app?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Similar to the favorite 3DS app thread, what's your favorite Wii U app?

I've been using the Netflix app on my Wii U a lot more lately so I guess that takes the cake for me. Then again, I don't really use any other applications on my Wii U. It's mostly just games when I actually use my Wii U >.<

What about you guys? What is your favorite Wii U app and why?

Hulu Plus app. All my anime

The youtube app is basically the only app I use except for the ubisoft app. The Youtube app isnt very good though, kinda hard to navigate and if using the gamepad it's too easy to skip to the next video or skip forward/backwords in the video due to it using the shoulder buttons and triggers >.<

If I had a Netflix or Crunchyroll account, those would be my favourite apps though :p

Reactions: rubensnsg
I guess it would have to be the YouTube one. It doesn't lag or have any issues with it, in fact, it's pretty fast when loading vids and such. I just stick it on, to put kids cartoons on for my child sometimes to keep him occupied. xD

I don't really have any other apps, to be honest. ^^;

Reactions: MuffinLad
I was gonna say youtube but...
13-plus.png
;-; why nintendo... why? so in that case the wii mode (that's still an app right?) let's go over the main bits :D p.s. (yes i know i can change the date so don't ask)

1. playing wii games:OMG yes i love this feature in the "app" (IT STILL COUNTS ITS ON THE DASH BOARD DON'T JUDGE ME!) i love playing my old favourites
latest
2. MAKING MII'S AND JAZZING OUT TO THE MUSIC!!!!!:
tumblr_m94xmxUnGX1r360dj.gif
3.JAZZING OUT NOT BUYING THING:
97DBD47B7E4305C91D6C5CE864157F6C4EFBE4F8

4 ENDING!: so in short it is easy to see that the wii app is the best app and will forever hold a place in my heart

p.s.: I SHOULD GET BONUS POINTS BECAUSE THERE ARE APPS INSIDE THE APP JENEUS!

5 HACKS!: NO I HAVEN'T TRIED HACKING THE WII BECAUSE I KNOW ILL GET IT WRONG ALSO ITS ILLEGAL!...I think. I have seen others do it, and man oh man the stuff you can do with the home brew channel i mean you can play online again... i guess, you can hack games, you can add custom tracks on mario kart wii, basicly anything, but im not going to do it because i am a loyal nintendo fan...

Last edited:
Reactions: Eric Cartman
Mine would be the Minecraft app scene my play station 3 doesn't have a HDMI cord anymore I got the Wii U version i'm still getting better at this version but not perfect I don't think i'll be winning any rounds in mini game mode if I want to win a round of that I better keep practicing. On 3Ds it would be Animal Crossing New Leaf but when I made this account it was smash bros on Wii U and on 3Ds btw on play station 3 it would be little big planet 3 or Minecraft. wait are those even apps? I guess you mean like YouTube so I guess my fav app is YouTube

My favorite app on my Wii u would probably have to be splatoon. And in case any one of you wouldn't count that as an Ap for the Wii u then my next favorite is the Amiibo app that i can't recall tha name. But I like that because it's just really cool and I enjoy the app a lot.

My favorite app on my Wii u would probably have to be splatoon. And in case any one of you wouldn't count that as an Ap for the Wii u then my next favorite is the Amiibo app that i can't recall tha name. But I like that because it's just really cool and I enjoy the app a lot.
Amiibo touch or Amiibo challenge

I believe that it is Amiibo touch I'll check though

I don't know what my favorite wii u app is I like a lot of them! I like the YouTube because I can lay on mah couch and watch videos. I also like pokken tournament I just really like Pokemon in general because it's awesome and pikachu libre has some pretty big swag moves! I like the virtual console feature, I have Mario and Luigi : Super Star Saga and that's really fun. I played it along with my favorite you tuber chuggaconoroy. My favorite app is Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland though! I love all Kirby power ups (except sleep (SCREW sleep) and that's the only one I don't like) the story is great and it's just relaxing.

Youtube is the only app I actually use on my wii u...
It's good to just spend time gazing at the banter on screen.

Any other app, I am either not interested in, or gave me some kind of annoyance/issue.

Miiverse, I suppose (if it counts as an app). It's really the only other thing I do on the Wii U other than play games. I use it to mainly post in-game paraphernalia, and if I'm in the mood for losing a few brain cells: actually look at other people's posts. XD

I was gonna say youtube but...
13-plus.png
;-; why nintendo... why? so in that case the wii mode (that's still an app right?) let's go over the main bits :D p.s. (yes i know i can change the date so don't ask)

1. playing wii games:OMG yes i love this feature in the "app" (IT STILL COUNTS ITS ON THE DASH BOARD DON'T JUDGE ME!) i love playing my old favourites
latest
2. MAKING MII'S AND JAZZING OUT TO THE MUSIC!!!!!:
tumblr_m94xmxUnGX1r360dj.gif
3.JAZZING OUT NOT BUYING THING:
97DBD47B7E4305C91D6C5CE864157F6C4EFBE4F8

4 ENDING!: so in short it is easy to see that the wii app is the best app and will forever hold a place in my heart

p.s.: I SHOULD GET BONUS POINTS BECAUSE THERE ARE APPS INSIDE THE APP JENEUS!

5 HACKS!: NO I HAVEN'T TRIED HACKING THE WII BECAUSE I KNOW ILL GET IT WRONG ALSO ITS ILLEGAL!...I think. I have seen others do it, and man oh man the stuff you can do with the home brew channel i mean you can play online again... i guess, you can hack games, you can add custom tracks on mario kart wii, basicly anything, but im not going to do it because i am a loyal nintendo fan...
I don't hacking should be illegal because well most hacking in general when it comes to the wii is mostly just super smash bros mods which are practically harmless fun, emulators you can practically do on your PC and phone with ease. Hacking is also particulary used to have menu themes and colors on the menu to make look less dull and to make it kinda like the 3DS so hacking shouldn't be a big deal.

Favorite Wii u apps
1.Hulu because South park, Steven universe, and the anime I watch.
2. The Wii menu application because nostalgia and I can play Rhythm Heaven Fever, and enjoy other stuff like the shop, mii channel, and lots of other stuff

My favorite app on the WiiU would have to be the Hulu app, as it allows me to watch movies at a convenient point in time when I have my WiiU on. Plus, the app just works really well, and has had almost no bugs or issues for me. I hope that the Switch gets Hulu soon...

Back