What is your least favorite type and why?

• Thread starter Raven
  • Start date
Raven

Raven

NintenPedia Member
Towns Folk
I've noticed there's a thread for your favorite type, but none for your least favorite type. Anyway mine is definitely the Fairy type. I don't think we needed a new type this late into the franchise, and I don't like how it's super effective against Dark types. Dragons had another weakness already, so I don't get why the creators stated that the Dragon type was too powerful, and needed another weakness... I thought the types were all balanced out and they didn't necessarily need to make a new type but that's just my opinion though. :p

I think it's hard to say. I'm still getting used to all the different types and weaknesses, etc.

I never really liked using Grass types, but some of them have some pretty cool designs. That's how I feel about most of my "least favorite" types.

In terms of usefulness overall, the least useful type is probably Ghost. Ghost Pokemon are only strong against Psychic and other Ghost type Pokemon. In addition, there are not too many decent Ghost-types around (with the exception of Giratina and Gengar). In terms of personal taste, I'm another fairy-hater. The only purpose of fairy type Pokemon is to counter my beloved Dragon Pokemon. Although I might not like it, it was necessary for the metagame since Dragon-types were pretty powerful and had no strong check.

Least favorite type is grass cause they don't get much good pokemon. Probably my second is ice types because I just hate most of the ice types like jinx and frostlas but I do like mamoswine

My least favorite type is poison. Most of the Poison Pokemon can't learn good moves or have good stats and Poison is super effective against fairy and Grass. That is all.

My least favorite type is poison. Most of the Poison Pokemon can't learn good moves or have good stats and Poison is super effective against fairy and Grass. That is all.

Actually, you're right. Poison- types are less powerful than Ghost types. I've never used a Poison type ever because they have very average/mediocre stats. Another type which is underused is the Steel- type. There are some good Steel- types (most notably Dialga and Metagross) but there are very few good Steel-type moves (I can only think of Flash Cannon and Meteor Mash) making the class more defense- oriented.

Actually, you're right. Poison- types are less powerful than Ghost types. I've never used a Poison type ever because they have very average/mediocre stats. Another type which is underused is the Steel- type. There are some good Steel- types (most notably Dialga and Metagross) but there are very few good Steel-type moves (I can only think of Flash Cannon and Meteor Mash) making the class more defense- oriented.
You cannot forget Aegislash. Aegislash is one of the most commonly used Steel-type Pokemon in a rating battle. Metagross was good but it gained 2 new weaknesses in 6th gen. Ghost and Dark.

Let's see, what can this hater hate? Oh I know, Ghost types. They are hard to come by, are almost always dual type, I hate Sableye, they have few weaknesses, and they are the main Perish Song users and overall Perish Song was a silly move to invent. But then again Aegislash is on of the best Ghost types so my next choice is Bug because all of them are wimpy up until Gen 4, and up because of terrible balancing without them being stronger, and Bug/Steel types have only one weakness. The only problem is I love them too because of their usefulness in Baton Passing, Shell Smashing, and it's hilarious that my Durant can sweep (I've 3-0'd an opponent with it in Gen 5). I have one last type I can surely hate on without objections and that one is Ice. This is because they are few in numbers, have many common weaknesses, have weather conditions that are lucky to see the light of day, and sure Mamoswine is OU but a Stealth Rock isn't going to hurt me. Abomasnow has the most weaknesses in the game without adding an extra type on it.

Fairy!
Seriously, Nintendo, Fairy-type? I loved X and Y, but I got the feeling that they're trying to make it more appealing for girls, with Fairy-type, Pokémon Amie and clothing. I liked the last two, but Fairy-type...?
My favourite type was -and will be- always Dragon. My main adventuring Pokémon in Y are Charizard, Flygon, Hydreigon, Aerodactyl, Dragonite and Salamence, all of them are quite strong against other Pokémon, but if they had to battle against some tiny Fairy-Pokémon, something like this happened: image.jpg

Reactions: Marc
I used to hate Ground types for whatever reason, but now I even like Ground types quite a bit. I don't really dislike any type, it's more about whether or not I'd build a monotype team with the type. In that case, I don't plan on ever making a Fire or Electric team, so I guess those. But it always changes.

My least Favorite type is Normal type i don't think there something special about them the only normal type i did accept was Arceus with his function of changing plate by using those plate to change type that something special but normal pokemon is pretty weak against element pokemon since they all beat normal type.

Back