What is your main’s WORST move and why?

• Thread starter RedWhaley14
  • Start date
RedWhaley14

RedWhaley14

The master of UwU was here.
Towns Folk
When you main your character, you begin to learn the intricacies of their kit very well, knowing which moves do what well and which moves are your best ones. However, every character has that ONE move that doesn't see as much use as the other moves for a multitude of reasons, due to just being bad, outclassed, or having no real purpose or not being a necessary addition to the character's gameplan.

For example, imo, Pac-Man's worst move is Jab. A lot of people would point to Dtilt for being outclassed by Ftilt,or Utilt for having absolutely no range at all but I personally find that Dtilt is pretty safe and has a lot of niche uses like making 2-frames easier and being a decent poke, and Utilt is a great combo tool. Jab is just a mediocre move that's usage is limited to being a fast get-off me tool (which is worse than Nair or Fair) or being used for Jab-locks, which are rather situational. It's not a bad move by any means, but I just don't use it that often.

So as the title asks, what is your main's WORST move and why?

ALSO THROWS DON’T COUNT BTW

Last edited:
Reactions: Mizunil and Marc
Kirby's down B. Way too predictable and good players can punish you easily.

Reactions: Jisenku
I main my boi Kirb, and I think his worse move is also his jab. It's something you don't see at all, and it's not very good at edge guarding because it can easily be stopped, and trying to use it to rack up damage is stupid when you have moves like f-tilt.

Reactions: RedWhaley14
Up tilt for Pit. Side B is second place. Side B is okay because sometimes you can recover pretty well with it and it changes reaction times online for the better but in person it's so lame. It can give you kills but forward throw is the safer option you can use out of shield instead of nair. you can always get close and use it at the edge too and it's pretty powerful. Up tilt is really sad. No combos out of it. No follow ups. Easy for the opponent to DI away. A close range get-off option but jab does probably twice the damage and a lot less risk once they can't get away. There is no incentive to use it unless it gets buffed as a kill option to the same potential as up air. Otherwise every other move is better.

Reactions: RedWhaley14
Ooh good point, but if you don't use it too often, and use it right by the opponent, it can be a great move if you use it in moderation. Also one of my tactics (not my main one) is doing a stone then an up special if your opponent can't react fast enough.

It has kill power and some armor and in the air it is essentially unpunishable except by command grab. I think it's best as an offstage tool and nothing more. Also you use it too much.
I main my boi Kirb, and I think his worse move is also his jab. It's something you don't see at all, and it's not very good at edge guarding because it can easily be stopped, and trying to use it to rack up damage is stupid when you have moves like f-tilt.
I think it's hammer. It's slow and really hard to pull off. Jab is okay if used right but for the most part it seems trivial when footsies can be played better on the ground. If it weren't for his slow air speed I might agree with you. Then again he's slow all around.

Reactions: Jisenku and RedWhaley14
It has kill power and some armor and in the air it is essentially unpunishable except by command grab. I think it's best as an offstage tool and nothing more. Also you use it too much.

I think it's hammer. It's slow and really hard to pull off. Jab is okay if used right but for the most part it seems trivial when footsies can be played better on the ground. If it weren't for his slow air speed I might agree with you. Then again he's slow all around.
I second this, I was surprised it wasn’t Hammer. Down B can be used to edgeguard people pretty well due to it’s armor and Jab is a fast move that’s also apparently really good for jab locks. Side B is just kind of useless, because it’s very slow and Kirby has way faster killing options available.

Reactions: Artisan and Jisenku

He is strangely slow for a lightweight, but does pack a punch. Also yeah I was thinking about the Hammer, but it pumps out A LOT of damage if done correctly, and the jab just feels useless all around.

He is strangely slow for a lightweight, but does pack a punch. Also yeah I was thinking about the Hammer, but it pumps out A LOT of damage if done correctly, and the jab just feels useless all around.
I'ma grate that cheese of a move any day I can get and punish you with the bread and butters.

• Funny
Reactions: RedWhaley14 and Jisenku
I'ma grate that cheese of a move any day I can get and punish you with the bread and butters.
get stoned on

Dont really have a main, but i’m using sephiroth more because he’s new. And i’d say his worst move is either up tilt or down smash. Down smash is super slow and it’s hard to land. Its good for shield pressure but u gotta land it for that. And up tilt isnt the best move to use. Because it goes straight up and the opponent needs to be directly above you for it to land. I’d rather use up smash or up-air because they go all around sephiroth and you have a higher chance of hitting someone.

Reactions: Deepak
Toon links up b while he's on the ground. Its the attack where he spins his sword. I don't know if its the worst move, but I never use it. Maybe its just me and my playstyle, but I can never find a good time to use it. If I miss then its easy to get attacked because of the charge/attack time, I'd rather just use a side b to attack an enemy. However, I can see it being used well in battles with multiple people, but specifically for 1v1, its not a useful move to me.

Toon links up b while he's on the ground. Its the attack where he spins his sword. I don't know if its the worst move, but I never use it. Maybe its just me and my playstyle, but I can never find a good time to use it. If I miss then its easy to get attacked because of the charge/attack time, I'd rather just use a side b to attack an enemy. However, I can see it being used well in battles with multiple people, but specifically for 1v1, its not a useful move to me.
You can try it as an OOS option. Honestly Toon Link has a pretty good kit. I'd say down tilt might be his worst. It's sorta safe but the range is short in general and might be hard to combo out of if at all.

Reactions: RedWhaley14, Mizunil and Jisenku
For Mario ftilt, for snake Fsmash, for robin, ftilt

When you main your character, you begin to learn the intricacies of their kit very well, knowing which moves do what well and which moves are your best ones. However, every character has that ONE move that doesn't see as much use as the other moves for a multitude of reasons, due to just being bad, outclassed, or having no real purpose or not being a necessary addition to the character's gameplan.

For example, imo, Pac-Man's worst move is Jab. A lot of people would point to Dtilt for being outclassed by Ftilt,or Utilt for having absolutely no range at all but I personally find that Dtilt is pretty safe and has a lot of niche uses like making 2-frames easier and being a decent poke, and Utilt is a great combo tool. Jab is just a mediocre move that's usage is limited to being a fast get-off me tool (which is worse than Nair or Fair) or being used for Jab-locks, which are rather situational. It's not a bad move by any means, but I just don't use it that often.

So as the title asks, what is your main's WORST move and why?

ALSO THROWS DON’T COUNT BTW
well i got 3 characters i use but i will write my new one... Min Min

worst move: down air
reason: risk off death (especially off the cliff) if you miss. This is why i only do it to get on the ground faster but other than this i hardly use it (and make sure to not get countered obviously).

overall i really like her, simple character for a simple person (me lol), im not a pro by any means but she felt easier to learn than most others ive tried, but nintendo needs to stop giving characters down air attacks that are high risk of death off the cliff, seriously too many people in the game have this and its obviously a risky finish since an air dodge or being even mildly off means an empty suicide =P

Mewtwo's Up Smash. It's strong but has a very low hitbox and it can be punished.

Mewtwo's Up Smash. It's strong but has a very low hitbox and it can be punished.
similar issue for me with min-min's up smash, poor hitzone and easy to miss (im a fairly new min-min user but shes fun to play). ive also had trouble landing her down smash which very well might be worse here, but her side smashes are ridiculous and funny which is why i cant hate this lol

similar issue for me with min-min's up smash, poor hitzone and easy to miss (im a fairly new min-min user but shes fun to play). ive also had trouble landing her down smash which very well might be worse here, but her side smashes are ridiculous and funny which is why i cant hate this lol
Min Min’s Usmash is actually one of her best moves imo. It comes out fairly quickly, making it really good OOS. It’s also decently strong and hits in front of her well, making it a good tool if someone gets close to you. It even reflects projectiles, though that’s a bit of a niche. It and Nair are the main reasons why her biggest “weakness” isn’t as huge as it should be.

Back