What Kirby gimmick is your favourite?

• Thread starter Zukrad
  • Start date
Zukrad

Zukrad

Just spam F-Air in the neutral and hope it works.
Towns Folk
The Kirby games ussualy have a certain gimmick that makes them different to other Kirby games.

Of all of them, which one is your favourite?

- Super Star had Helpers and a bunch of sub-games.
- Dream Land 2 and 3 had the Animal Buddies.
- Kirby 64 had the mixed abilities.
- Squeak Squad had the Copy Pallet.
- Amazing Mirror was a Metroidvania.
- Canvas Curse had the super Paintbrush
- Mass Attack had a lot of Kirbys
- Epic Yarn had... the Yarn
- Return to Dream Land had the Super Abilities.
- Triple Deluxe had Hypernova.
- Rainbow Curse had the Rainbow Paintbrush

For me, my favourite is the stored abilities in Milky Way Wishes (in Kirby Super Star Ultra to be specific)

It was so fun to have all the abilites ready to use in the bottom screen

Mass attack also had a ton of mini-games, a music player, bonuses for clear-playthroughs; I say I quite enjoyed them over the unusual game-play.

And you missed Air ride's checklists - that is an infamous gimmick all the other Nintendo games have used once-or-twice, except the formal Kirby games: I.E. classic platforming Kirby adventures. That'd be neat to have in a formal Kirby game

Mixed abilities and Copy pallet were two of my favorite features in the respective Kirby games ♡

Also Mass attack was a lot of fun being able to control an army of Kirbys at the enemies.

Helpers in Super Star was also a great addition, especially when you could play with 2 players.

Mass attack also had a ton of mini-games, a music player, bonuses for clear-playthroughs; I say I quite enjoyed them over the unusual game-play.

And you missed Air ride's checklists - that is an infamous gimmick all the other Nintendo games have used once-or-twice, except the formal Kirby games: I.E. classic platforming Kirby adventures. That'd be neat to have in a formal Kirby game

Yeah, I forgot.

I was thinking "Don't forget Canvas Curse and Air Ride"... and I forgot Air Ride... :v

Reactions: MindzEye
I haven't played a Kirby game in quite some time. Kirby games in the past have been the only platform game I have ever enjoyed or had the patience for. My favorite would have to be Kirby Super Star Ultra for the SNES with the helper. My brothers and I would play that game for hours on end. There were many different games to choose from too. My two favorites were Dyna Blade the giant bird and Milkyway Wishes.

Oh, I loved the Helpers fron Super Star (Ultra)

The mixed abilities from 64 were awesome too.

I really liked the Super Abilities in Return to Dreamland. It was certainly amazing while such thing lasted. It gave that feeling of being unstoppable. :p

Squeak Squad's (one of my first and favorite Kirby games) Copy Palette was really useful in lots of situations in the game and I liked how useful it was in a situation of a boss or other.

There is that one game where you can mix abilities in your stomach like a fire sword or ice sword.

I think thats cool

There is that one game where you can mix abilities in your stomach like a fire sword or ice sword.

I think thats cool
Kirby 64!!

I love that game, was my first Kirby game <3

I played it in the old NDS so it should be the remake version?

I played it in the old NDS so it should be the remake version?
Wait... no... that's not Kirby 64

I have no idea what Kirby it is then :p

Wait... no... that's not Kirby 64

I have no idea what Kirby it is then :p
Dude! Ya just listed Squeak-Squad; Copy-palette, mixes in his stomach, ice-sword, fire-sword, that sounds like Squeak-Squad to me!

I liked the mixed abilities in 64 but it also kinda felt meh as a game at the same time.

Personally, I like how I can mix and match foods or abilities in bubbles in Kirby: Squeak Squad/Mouse Attack, not to mention that at times the abilities merged into elemental ones if done right (like let's say, Fire Sword or Ice Bomb).

I like Super abilities and Fused Abilities. Kirby Return to Dreamland was my favorite one, and I liked racing the other players to eat the super enemies. The fused abilities where awesome too, my favorite was fridge Kirby ( electric/ice ) used it to beat that big lava dude :cool:

I haven't played that many Kirby games, but so far it's definitely Mass Attack. It's so satisfying to COMPLETELY DESTROOOOY an enemy with 10 Kirbys at once, plus controlling all the Kirbys actually works better than I expected. Also, the cuteness factor does really help too, I mean look at this:
latest

It's just a heap of Kirbys being way too adorable for anyone's good :love:

Mine would be Hypernova in Triple Deluxe. I really enjoyed eating everything and anything that stood in my way. Colorful Kirby is so pretty as well. I do feel sorry for all the enemies, though. As if Kirby wasn't OP enough already. xD

My favorite gimmick of them all would have to be the stored copy abilities in Milky Way Wishes. It was just so useful to be able to pull up a copy ability on demand and then drop it and get a new one whenever the situation called for it. In addition, I really like the robot suit in Planet Robobot.

As cool as super abilities look I prefer the concept of animal buddies. A lot of Nintendo games have animal buddies like Wario Land 2 has an Owl, Super Mario World has Yoshi, and Yoshi's Island has Poochy. It just makes the game play different in general and adds more variety without making the game not about platforming.

Back