Gen 6 What should've been in Pokemon 6th Gen

• Thread starter MMMs
  • Start date
MMMs

MMMs

After 2 years, I'm Back!
Towns Folk
Like in the Thread Name, what should've been in Pokemon 6th Gen lol Well, I'll start lol

They should've added more Move Tutors in the game lol

The stat boost berries should've been obtainable in Gen 6. (okay I'm sure they are obtainable but they should be at least easy to get) Maybe more different types instead of the same (sure there were some) like say a Psychic/Electric type or a Rock/Poison type. Umm... Thief should've allowed me to take other trainer's items but not mine. It would've made the game more fun when getting hard to get items like say Pokemon Snagging but with items. Streetpass battles...

They whould've ustilized the street pass function a little more. Sadly, the only thing that streetpass do is give you a small amount of Pokemiles :/ Anyways, They could've at least make some items or features DLC to at least make a little money with the functions or add them in the first place lol I just hope they don't mess AS / OR...

Same Here, better use of the StreetPass feature, the use of the 3DS/2DS's Play Coins feature, and one more thing: make international events, and not the same as always, aka "Japan gets all, you get nothing!". But I know that on this point, nothing can be done.

Finally, better use of the SpotPass feature too. The only way it's implemented is to get informations, and gives you notifications for nothing.

More Mystery gifts. I remember the 4th gen days when there'd be new data for me to download from there almost every month.

Other than that, they should have given Jynx a Mega-Evolution. :<

Reactions: 3dsatackman
jynx evolve.jpg
I found this from the weird side of the internet lol not sure if this is true lol

View attachment 611
I found this from the weird side of the internet lol not sure if this is true lol
It's not true :<

Jynx was the only rumored pokemon not to get a Mega Evolution though... Hopefully we'll see it in the upcoming remakes of 3rd gen.

Berry mixer its not available in the game because it was here since green leaf version and it seem they forgot about it

What should've been in 6th Gen?
  1. More Pokemon- XY only introduced around 70 Pokemon, which is disappointing. By the time you reached the Elite Four, you probably saw all the 69 Kalos Pokemon. There was so little Pokemon, that they had to bring Pokemon from other Gengerations just to fill up space in Pokemon areas.
  2. More Unlockable Content- After completing the game, there was a small Post-Game to do (The Looker Missions). The game lacked content after the player defeated Team Flare. If there was more content, it would've added a lot to the game.
  3. Trainer Rematches- The Post-Game didn't have much content, like I stated above. One thing they could've at least gave us was Trainer Rematches. It would've extended the content by a lot. Imagine fighting that first trainer you ran into. He/She might have one powerful Pokemon. Also, the Gym Leaders could contact you randomly to have a rematch. Even the Elite Four could have a huge buff, which would allow you to train against lv 70+ Pokemon. They also could use their own Mega Evolutions. This would've added more opportunities to enjoy the game.
  4. Bosses- When I say bosses, I mean an actual boss, like Red from HG/SL, or Steven from Emerald, and even Cynthia from BW. XY could've gotten a boss, although who would the boss be? Maybe a former champion of XY? He/She could use Pokemon up to level 90, which would add a challenge in the game, and would make it more enjoyable.
Anyways, that's all I could think of. These are my opinions, so don't start hating or anything. I feel like these ideas would've made the game more enjoyable.

What should've been in 6th Gen?

Bosses-
When I say bosses, I mean an actual boss, like Red from HG/SL, or Steven from Emerald, and even Cynthia from BW. XY could've gotten a boss, although who would the boss be? Maybe a former champion of XY? He/She could use Pokemon up to level 90, which would add a challenge in the game, and would make it more enjoyable.
Anyways, that's all I could think of. These are my opinions, so don't start hating or anything. I feel like these ideas would've made the game more enjoyable.

Cynthia was from Gen 4 diamond Pearl Platinum. Cynthia was in BW as some Post game content. also @CrazyElf, There is also Sushi High Rollor and Kiloude city as Post Game content. I do agree that there should have been more Pokemon. Ther had bee around 150 Pokemon in each gen except 2 and 6. Gold/Silver/Crystal had 100 new Pokemon and X/Y had 70.

I agree with the move tutors, more gen 6 Pokemon, trainer rematches (loved battling gym leaders over and over again), and more unlockable content (although I was fine after the game ended).

Here are some things that I wanted :

More clothes and accessories for the males
- I mean, come on. I've already expressed my views on this in another thread. The females got everything good. At least we got the Deluxe version of the Wii U :sneaky:

Still, we can't show that off via Wi-Fi, :panda:

Better Trade System - The ability to view multiple Pokemon at a time or all the Pokemon in the trader's party would have been cool. They did something like this in Pokemon Diamond, I was surprised and disappointed when it wasn't included in X/Y. Another thing that would have been cool is the ability to check a Pokemon's IVs via trade to avoid scammers.

Ability to find a match without Battle Spot - As you know, it can take a good chunk-load of time just to have a fun battle over Wi-Fi with a passerby. A system that finds a random player to have a 6v6 match with would have been nice.

Setting rules such as legendary Pokemon etc would be even better, :headphone:

More challenging gameplay - I don't know about you guys, but X/Y was SUPER easy in my opinion...

View attachment 611

is that mega evo? or just a new evolution? also i think that there should be: more mystery gifts, a special online town where players can chat and catch pokemon, more clothes more megas and a lot of new towns and longer routes.

As others have said above the game needs to be harder. If GameFreak is opposed to doing this since a lot of kids play Pokemon, then at least add difficulty options. I also want to have something to do after beating the Champion. There is too little content in Pokemon games post-Elite 4 and any more time you spend in the game is just for your own fun. Having objectives, new lands to explore, harder trainers to fight (LV 100 ones too) would significantly add to this game's value and longevity. I sincerely hope GameFreak doesn't plan on just revamping Secret Bases and that's it.

As others have said above the game needs to be harder. If GameFreak is opposed to doing this since a lot of kids play Pokemon, then at least add difficulty options. I also want to have something to do after beating the Champion. There is too little content in Pokemon games post-Elite 4 and any more time you spend in the game is just for your own fun. Having objectives, new lands to explore, harder trainers to fight (LV 100 ones too) would significantly add to this game's value and longevity. I sincerely hope GameFreak doesn't plan on just revamping Secret Bases and that's it.
At least it was stupid easy to train level 1 Pokemon up against "friends" in their secret bases because you can face a team of Lv.100 Blisseys that can know harmless moves so you can level up really fast. That was probably the best level up method in the series however I don't have another Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald cartridge to do that. :cry: And like you said the game needs to be harder.

Maybe Pokemon should have given you a Challenge Key like in Black 2 and Easy Key like in White 2. The easy key would be for the people who aren't that good at Pokemon and the Challenge key could be for Trainers who want a challenge.

That would be a good feature, but I'd want to be able to get those keys before even starting the game. It's the first playthrough that really counts the most. After beating the game, it's fun to be able to face more challenging trainers, but I want to be able to do that when all the content is fresh and new (so first playthrough).

That is what I meant @sodajet I just forgot to say that you should have gotten them before the game. Or maybe you could have gotten them with the Pokedex.

Yeah, it could even be an option you select when you first set your name and everything (when the Professor first introduces you to the world of Pokemon). I just want something that really make the game challenging (also undo the Exp Share changes or have the option only after beating the game).

It needed both a better story and music (In my opinion Gates to infinity completely triumphs in the story and music department), as well as making use of streetpass more. Thank goodness ORAS will fix those problems, but I also hope they add a post game like the Sevii islands in the remakes, which X and Y lacked severely.

Back