RMT / Team Help What speed decreasing move is the best?

• Thread starter Rsngamer
  • Start date
Rsngamer

Rsngamer

I have no idea
Towns Folk
I've been working on a pokemon that runs on decreasing speed, but I've been confused on what move decreases the most: Sticky web, electro web, string shot or whatever other move. And also, any good trick room counters? since I revealed the strats of one of my pokemon, I'll need some good ways to counter trick room :p

Thanks for the help

I've been working on a pokemon that runs on decreasing speed, but I've been confused on what move decreases the most: Sticky web, electro web, string shot or whatever other move. And also, any good trick room counters? since I revealed the strats of one of my pokemon, I'll need some good ways to counter trick room :p

Thanks for the help
There are only three status moves that reduce the opponent's speed by two stages. I'll list those from worst to best.
-String Shot: Affects any Pokemon, can only target one opponent per time, hits only adjacent foes (no allies if you need to eg: Contrary ally), can't be leaned by almost any worthwhile Pokemon and has 95% accuracy.
-Cotton Spore: Can be learned by many good Pokemon, but they are all pretty slow themselves (except for Jumpluff and Whimsicott), targets all adjacent foes, but doesn't affect Grass types, Pokemon with Overcoat or holding Safety Goggles.
-Scary Face: Affects any Pokemon, can only target one Pokemon per turn, but can target allies, MANY great Pokemon can learn it, has relatively low PP (10, compared to the 40PP of the other two).

Sticky Web is really bad, since it can be used to take advantage of trick room and also Defiant (Bisharp) and Competitive (Milotic).

There are three good speed reducing attacks.
-Mud Shot: Only targets once adjacent Pokemon (including allies), has 95% accuracy and can be learned by many good Pokemon.
-Electroweb/ Icy Wind: Hit all adjacent opponents, can both be learned by the ΩR/AS move tutor, can be learned by almost every Pokemon there is, have 95% accuracy.

As for countering Trick Room, there are two incredibly easy options. Either use Taunt or, like I do, use Trick Room yourself to cancel it out! I use Trick Room Magic Bounce Espeon for example.

Okay, I'll probably go for electroweb and have anoher one learn taunt or trick toom

Back