What VC Do You Want To See On Switch?

• Thread starter Artisan
  • Start date
Artisan

Artisan

Hard At Work
Forum Moderator
We've seen with Super Mario 3D All Stars that emulation for 3D games is possible on Switch. That being said what games would you be interested in seeing, and do you think there's the chance for improvements like online/wireless multiplayer for specific titles (old example: Pokemon for GB).

I expect more of the GameCube titles coming on since it probably sold the least out of the three generations of home consoles represented in 3D All Stars. Not that I wouldn't want to see N64 or Wii titles, but I think they've gotten less love since the Wii had N64 games on their Shop Channel. Wii U had reverse compatibility, GCN games can be super expensive now like Pokemon and the like.

Here's my list of titles I want to see on the console:
Custom Robo Battle Revolution (people use netplay of this one so if this had online multiplayer it would sell better than Synaptic Drive)
Custom Robo V2 (translated)
Paper Mario
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Mario Superstar Baseball (with multiplayer added)
Mario Strikers (with multiplayer added)
Wario World
Metroid Prime

What gave me the idea:

Reactions: Duffy and Deepak
I would love gameboy games to be added. There are so many good games such as zelda oracle of season/ages and pokemon. I would love gamecube and n64 games but its highly unlikely as nintendo would rather sell them seperately as remakes or ports.

Im glad I'm not the only one who has played the Custom Robo series.
They should bring the Gameboy/Gameboy Color line to switch too. not just NES and SNES
N64 might seem likely. but I dont think Gamecube VC will ever be a thing since thats when games started to become 1GB+. if they used the NES and SNES apps to store all games, they will have to sell them individually instead of one app.
Bring Bomberman to VC please

Reactions: Artisan
We've seen with Super Mario 3D All Stars that emulation for 3D games is possible on Switch. That being said what games would you be interested in seeing, and do you think there's the chance for improvements like online/wireless multiplayer for specific titles (old example: Pokemon for GB).

I expect more of the GameCube titles coming on since it probably sold the least out of the three generations of home consoles represented in 3D All Stars. Not that I wouldn't want to see N64 or Wii titles, but I think they've gotten less love since the Wii had N64 games on their Shop Channel. Wii U had reverse compatibility, GCN games can be super expensive now like Pokemon and the like.

Here's my list of titles I want to see on the console:
Custom Robo Battle Revolution (people use netplay of this one so if this had online multiplayer it would sell better than Synaptic Drive)
Custom Robo V2 (translated)
Paper Mario
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Mario Superstar Baseball (with multiplayer added)
Mario Strikers (with multiplayer added)
Wario World
Metroid Prime

What gave me the idea:
I would like all of the games ever made.

The Virtual Console I would love the most is from GameCube. You can only play Gamecube games on the Wii, Wii ports, and the recent Mario Sunshine version on Switch.

GameCube games deserve more love, and I would love to play my favorite GameCube games in a more recent console.

Also 3DS.

Since 3DS is dead (R.I.P.) maybe 3DS and DS (oh and GBA too) ports can make their way to Switch?

Oh and Wii too. I missed out on that console, so I would love Wii games on switch.

I would love to see a 3D Zelda virtual console/collection. It could be a good time to check out Majora's Mask and GameCube/Wii games (I've played OoT on 3DS).

Reactions: Deepak
I would love to see a 3D Zelda virtual console/collection. It could be a good time to check out Majora's Mask and GameCube/Wii games (I've played OoT on 3DS).
It looked like Wii U was THE Zelda console, so I hope they would port the Wii U versions. Or I'll just buy the Wii U lol

Twilight Princess
Skyward Sword
Skies of Arcadia
Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door
Tales of Symphonia

Last edited:
When i first saw the title i thought you meant vc as in voicechat lol so i almost said splatoon LMAO.
But virtual console i really want is Mother 3. I know this is over asked by everyone the president of NOA but I really wanna see this come to the console. It's been too long for a release.

I believe VC is dead (unfortunately), but I wish it wasn't. I'd much rather buy the games I want instead of the NSO games that I mostly hardly play. I'd love to see VC return with nearly every nintendo historical game on every console from GB-GBA and NES-Gamecube.

I believe VC is dead (unfortunately), but I wish it wasn't. I'd much rather buy the games I want instead of the NSO games that I mostly hardly play. I'd love to see VC return with nearly every nintendo historical game on every console from GB-GBA and NES-Gamecube.
Next it's gonna be 3DS (GBA was done on ambassador 3DS and regular Wii U along with DS on home console). Honestly if there was a way to play 3DS titles on the TV without all the workarounds or porting to eliminate a screen I would definitely buy it for the use of streaming but if they don't do it RetroN will. Only devs get the good stuff unfortunately and we'd be lucky to find them online at all.

Reactions: Duffy
Back