SSBB What Was The Best Character In Smash bros brawl

• Thread starter King A.R.K
  • Start date
King A.R.K

King A.R.K

Mr.Awesome
Towns Folk
I played brawl but not competivetly so I want to know who the best character in brawl was and still

I really liked using Olimar and Lucas in that game. Both of them were fun characters to play and I took full advantage of their movesets (except for Olimar's Pikmin Order down special... ANARCHY) when I was younger. It's even funnier when the level 9 CPUs get hit by special moves like PK Freeze.

I wouldn't or I don't have a best, but Snake is my favorite only because he is extremely fun to fight against imo.

Brawl's best character was objectively and unquestionably Meta Knight. He was so good that he was in a tier all to his own - and on the opposite end of the scale, Ganondorf was so bad he was in his own tier as well (G Tier). I feel like the reason SSB4's Meta Knight was so bad at the start of the game was overcompensation: he was so good in Brawl that Sakurai didn't want to have a repeat of that, and ended up nerfing him way too hard.

But yeah, Brawl tournaments pretty much always came down to a Finals full of Meta Knights, with only some exceptions.

Brawl's best character was objectively and unquestionably Meta Knight. He was so good that he was in a tier all to his own - and on the opposite end of the scale, Ganondorf was so bad he was in his own tier as well (G Tier). I feel like the reason SSB4's Meta Knight was so bad at the start of the game was overcompensation: he was so good in Brawl that Sakurai didn't want to have a repeat of that, and ended up nerfing him way too hard.

But yeah, Brawl tournaments pretty much always came down to a Finals full of Meta Knights, with only some exceptions.
Personally imo they nerfed Meta Knight just right in Smash 4 but that's a whole entirely different topic of conversation altogether so I'll stop on this thread... This isn't over. :p

i always loved using lucas, toon link, and olimar in brawl when i played especially with my friends because i never play brawl competitively. lucas and olimar are my mains in brawl and i just find them to be really fun to use. toon link is my competitive character as well as my best character in brawl who i use when the person i go against is really good

Reactions: Artisan
ah lol when i played brawl ans a tiny panda i just spammed and mashed random buttons xD i didnt even knew how OP meta knight was. but i played rob most of the time, actually i played everyone i was a kid xD, but today i would go for meta knight just because he has the fastest moveset, great recovery and i think he dealed great damage (i havent played it for years). oh yea i liked snake and wolf but eh never played it with my current knowledge ^w^

If you are speaking about Tiers, Meta Knight. IF you knew how to use him properly, he was GOD TIER. But Personally It depends on your play style, so i can't tell you who YOUR best character would be.

Last edited:
u dont say :p but apperently as 12 year old guy with no brain didnt know anything about the game

...Meta Knight because he was really OP :rolleyes:

Ivysaur all the way. I really liked using it and I always hoped that Ivysaur will return back as a DLC character. Ivysaur was a fun character to use and especially a troll with it's up smash attack. It was too strong. I also like to use Squirtle, but only for the Surf move. It also reminds me of the Ninja Turtles since Squirtle can cling to walls.

Unlike everyone else thinks, I fell that the Ice Climbers are the most powerful characters in the game. Why? Think about it.
You have a 2nd cpu-controlled character that can serve as a meat shield, an attacker or just a distraction. In the meantime, you can have at him with you mighty hammer/s! They also have a pretty descent recovery(when they're both alive). So (in my opinion) the ice climbers are possibly the best character in Super Smash Bros Brawl

Fast characters like sonic were hard to control but I liked him. The addition of Fire Emblem's Ike was amazing though. I felt he had good balance.

Reactions: Zagaroo
Besides Meta Knight, who was banned for being to OP, Ice Climbers were the next greatest. Their chain grabs left an easy exploit for players to use. Though, if I'm going by who I thought was best, it would unquestionably be Lucas. He was my main, and I angered all my friends by constantly using him. Didn't help that I somehow always wound up with the Smash Ball, so all my friends had to experience the wrath of the stars.

Lucas.

my most favorite character and my best character is snake but the best or most op character is Meta Knight.

All I ever did in Brawl was either pick Link or Mario, sometimes Marth and Toon Link. Anyone else, a big... fat...

NOPE!

It has to be meta knight. In brawl, my main character was mario but he was very horrible. Meta knight was very op, considering the other characters has big flaws. Meta knight has lots of moves that can troll any player, the players in brawl were very horrible otherwise. Brawl was very unbalanced with characters, it was not fair. It was never used for competitive smash or serious smash, so thats why meta knight was the best.

Well I mean, if you've seen any YouTube video ever, you could tell that MetaKnight was top tier, but I personally like Pokémon Trainer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely gonna have to say Lucas and meta knight.

Back