What was the biggest mindblow for you when the new characters came out?

• Thread starter Kyubey
  • Start date
Kyubey

Kyubey

Trust Contracts. They never hurt you.
Towns Folk
For me, it was Palutena

Greninja probably. Kind of threw me, and I marked out hard when I saw him in the trailer attacking Charizard.

Yeah Greninja definitely, i mean it's kinda obvious that he's going to be in the game (he's a Ninja after all), but i didn't expect it to be this soon though.

I predicted Little Mac to be in so no surprise there. Maybe I'd have to say the Wii Fit Trainer. I think if the Miis were announces earlier I would've been more surprised of the WFT's arrival since it's only been on 2 consoles/systems. And of course I never knew of R.O.B. or Marth's existences (Pit's probably too if it weren't for me looking at old used GB cartridges in a Game Stop) until I've seen them in Smash.

Wii Fit Trainer. I was pretty much thinking, "Why!?!" xD

Yeah, I was mindblown by Palutena, because most of the competition are mortals, and they only count a bit as IMmortal. Marth is a mortal, as with Link, Ike, and a few others.

For me it was Greninja. I thought it was mewtwo..

I knew Rosalina was going to be in the SSB4's roster, after seeing her as a special character on Super Mario 3D World. I think I was most-surprised with Greninja, Wii-Fit Trainer and Pac-Man's announcement, I thought the Wii-Fit Trainer was a troll character and I didn't expect out off: 719 Pokemon, that Greninja would be announced playable. Pac-Man was a huge surprise for me, I didn't expect it at all, I couldn't possibly think of a "good-moveset" for him, but Mr. Sakurai is unpredictable.

Rosalina & Luma were a surprise for me. After all those Mario games, I'd thought Toad would have a better chance at getting in Smash Bros., but I guess Rosalina getting a playable appearance in one game tops every other game where Toad(s) was playable. Then again, female representation is a thing in the new game.

I'm still not sure how people thought Greninja was Mewtwo..... I mean, he had a shuriken made of water!

Rosalina for sure. I really didn't expect her to be in the game. Maybe as an assist trophy, but not an actual playable character. Nintendo is full of surprises, always. ;)

Greninja

I've expected basically everyone revealed so far except Wii Fit Trainer, so I guess her.

Although Charizard caught me off guard. Didn't expect him to be by himself.

Charizard cant hide in his poke ball anymore

Pac-Man and the Villager. I'd never imagined they could be in a Smash Bros. game one day.
As for the others, I'm alright with them. But, just the Villager and Pac-Man... o_O

For me, it was when it first had a trailer and we got news about Megaman. I remember constantly stalking Youtube for reaction videos, wanting to see the hype on people's faces! Second up is absolutely Palutena, right when I saw her green hair and her voice, I instantly felt my heart pace quicken XD So glad she's a addition to the series!

Reactions: srgs
Back