What was your first SMT?

• Thread starter Memento Mori
  • Start date
Memento Mori

Memento Mori

Reapers' Game's Producer.
Towns Folk
What was the first SMT game you've played?

I guess mine would be Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor on the NDS.

Mine was Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3. I didn't finish it because my PS2 died.
My second one is Shin Megami Tensei IV

My first is Shin Megami Tensei IV. I've never seen one of its DS games available at stores here. On the 3DS, I wanted to start with Devil Survivor Overclocked but I just couldn't find the game at GameStop. I wasn't really that interested in Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers to be honest. When word got out that SMT4 would have been available on the eShop, I set my mind to get it and I got it on day 1 of its release.

My first is Shin Megami Tensei IV. I've never seen one of its DS games available at stores here. On the 3DS, I wanted to start with Devil Survivor Overclocked but I just couldn't find the game at GameStop. I wasn't really that interested in Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers to be honest. When word got out that SMT4 would have been available on the eShop, I set my mind to get it and I got it on day 1 of its release.

It's strange that Devil Survivor Overclocked isn't on eShop.

If you ever see Devil Survivor, buy it :p The gameplay is closer to that of Fire Emblem Awakening than Shin Megami Tensei IV, i.e. not much freedom in the exploration, and grid strategy combat.

If you ever see Devil Survivor, buy it :p The gameplay is closer to that of Fire Emblem Awakening than Shin Megami Tensei IV, i.e. not much freedom in the exploration, and grid strategy combat.

I found Devil Survivor (the DS original one), used, at 60 bucks... I can't buy that game at that price!

I found Devil Survivor (the DS original one), used, at 60 bucks... I can't buy that game at that price!

You can get it for 20-25 on ebay. Same for Devil Survivor 2.

You can get it for 20-25 on ebay. Same for Devil Survivor 2.

I can't buy things on ebay.
Also, taxes will kill me! (21% IVA + 20% Dollar + 50% customs + other taxes and shipping = 80 bucks + the game)

I can't buy things on ebay.
Also, taxes will kill me! (21% IVA + 20% Dollar + 50% customs + other taxes and shipping = 80 bucks + the game)

Ouch, guess you'll have to wait for them to add Devil Survivor Overclocked on the eShop.

Ouch, guess you'll have to wait for them to add Devil Survivor Overclocked on the eShop.

Yes, exactly :cry:

If you ever see Devil Survivor, buy it :p
I highly doubt I'd find that game in stores (I tried and I failed already). If it is made available as a digital download via eShop, I might purchase it. Hopefully it's not the full $40 price tag.

I highly doubt I'd find that game in stores (I tried and I failed already). If it is made available as a digital download via eShop, I might purchase it. Hopefully it's not the full $40 price tag.

Try posting an ad in newspapers or something o.o I often find people selling games or consoles locally that way.

I may be a loner on this one, but DemiKids: Dark Version and DemiKids: Light Version were the first two games in the SMT franchise I ever played and they're still my favourite in the franchise, my favourites on the GBA and among my favourite games ever. They're of sentimental value to me. You guys may call me cracked because these two games are generally regarded as mediocre if not downright awful - but I love them for a multitude of reasons. I'll explain in detail only if anyone wants me to write a thousand-word post raving about them :p

Well, I was expecting a $20 price tag for Sonic Generation, but it was $30.

If this game is too hard to find actually, I bet this game will be have the same price tag.

Back