What Will The Next Smash Bros Be Called?

• Thread starter Tuzo
  • Start date
Tuzo

Tuzo

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
Do you think they'll keep the generic Smash Bros. game or will it be called something else?

I think they're just going to keep it with the original name.

I think they'll stick with the original name tbh, what they might do is add a sub title/name, such as Brawl, but something similar.

Same here, I think they'll just call it Smash Bros. for now on.

While I like the name, I wouldn't mind if they added an extra word at the end like Melee or Brawl. I felt that having a name different from the rest of the games gives the title an identity and makes it more distinguishable. I can imagine that in a couple generations from now, one might reference Smash Bros. and then have to explain which one he's talking about. Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U just sounds a bit plain to me.

They'll just keep the name the same, unless the have a reason to change it. Frankly, I like the name and hope they keep it the same, or at least kinda the same. The next ssb won't be for a while now though figuring that they are coming out with a new one in a couple months for the 3ds and then soon after coming out with the new one for the Wii u....

I could see it being called SSB for (system here) or whatever it is on the homepage. Perhaps it will be a verb for a fight like all the others. Tussle like Trophy Tussle from the Melee event matches or Clash, Bash, Gnash, ... I don't really care what it is called since it's a great series already.

I feel that they might add something to the end for a type of fight (Ex: Brawl, Melee, etc.) because I feel the current title is not that "catchy". I would rather say something like "Super Smash Bros. Brawl" or "Super Smash Bros. Melee" than "Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS", "Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Wii U", or "Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U".

I really don't like the current names, to be honest. They seem generic, and I'm not a big fan of including the console title in the game title. Also, it goes from the system with the fighting terms, making it all a tad more illogical, but it doesn't seem like they'll change, it's too late by now.
I guess I'll call these ones just "Smash" instead of the earlier "Melee" and "Brawl", making it the same as what I call the N64 version. Oh well, I doubt many will misunderstand anyway.

Reactions: nicklesimba
I believe Sakurai confirmed at this years E3 that the game is titled Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS.

Plus the box art is already out, and it has those titles.

Gonna suck for anyone that plays competitive SSB64

I believe Sakurai confirmed at this years E3 that the game is titled Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS.

Plus the box art is already out, and it has those titles.

Gonna suck for anyone that plays competitive SSB64
It wouldn't be the first time a game title changed after the box art was revealed, but as I said, it's incredibly not likely. Hopefully, it'll grow on you even more. I used to hate it, but now I just don't like it all that much.

Back