What Would Be Your Monotype/Gym Leader Team (or at least type)?

• Thread starter Artisan
  • Start date
Artisan

Artisan

Hard At Work
Forum Moderator
This one I would say is a pretty tough question. After all, this is in the competitive section. I can only guess my team would consist of all Bug types or all Ground types. But of course there aren't any tactics set upfor what they'd do.

Possible (but not made) Teams
Crustle
Mega Pinsir
Scizor
Volcarona
Galvantula
Scolipede

Hippowdon
Mega Garchomp
Mamoswine
Swampert
Nidoking/ Excadrill
Krookodile

I already have a decent number of competitive pokes and I have 2-5 teams and 2 of which are Mono-type teams
Heres one, my Steel-Type Team :)

Skarmory@Sturdy HP 252 Def 252 Speed 4
Jolly
Item: Rocky helmet

Roar
Brave Bird
Roost
Stealth Rock

Ferrothorn@IronBarbs HP 252 Def 132 SpDef 120
Impish
Item: Leftovers

Iron Head
Thunder Wave
Leech Seed
Protect

Scizor@Technician HP 252 Atk 252 Def 4
Adamant
Item: Life Orb

Bullet Punch
Swords Dance
Pursuit
Roost

Aegislash@StanceChange HP 252 Atk 4 Def 126 SpDef 126
Brave
Item: Weakness Policy

King's Shield
Swords Dance
Sacred Sword
Shadow Sneak

Lucario@Defiant->Adaptability HP 4 SpAtk 252 Speed 252 (Renewing for better IVs)
Jolly
Item: Lucarionite

Crunch
Bullet Punch
Close Combat
Swords Dance

Magneton@MagnetPull HP 4 SpAtk 252 Speed 252 (renewing for Better IVs)
Timid
Item: Choice Scarf

Volt Switch
Flash Cannon
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power (Ice)

Reactions: Heart
I made a mono ICE team, looks like this:

Frost Rotom@Sitrus Berry
Abombasnow@Ambomasite
Avalugg@Leftovers
Regice@Assault Vest
Glaceon@That ice stone item, hail rock?
Frosslass@Lax incense

Obviously the team revolves around Hail, abomasnow auto brings in hail and glaceon has hail with the hail item to prolong the duration. Froslass to null fighting type moves and Regice/Avalugg for PURE WALLS. Frost Rotom, lastly, cause volt switch, levitate and trick choice scarf that is always an option, team meant for doubles as a lot of them know earthquake and blizzard.

My team would maybe be an psychic or a fire type

This forum area seems to be dying, so I'll do a quick to bring attention to this forum! If you don't know me, Water mono-type would easily be mine. I love Water types. #1 favorite type. Water types are so majestic, and unique. They are amazing. Sure there are lots of Water type Pokemon there to take up space for "new pokemon", but Water type Pokemon are so enjoyable, and life like. You got to love Water types. Everybody should share their love for Water type Pokemon! ^-^

My team would consist of:
-Greninja (Special Sweeper)
-M-Blastoise (Defensive+Sp. Defensive Tank and also a Special Sweeper)
-Gyarados (Physical Sweeper)
-Vaporeon (Supportive+Sp. Attacker)
-Swampert (Physical Tank)
-Azumarill (Physical Scuicide Sweeper)

Last edited:
Reactions: Marc
Without a doubt, I'd be going for Ghost. In an ideal world, if I could host a Ghost type gym, I'd really like to have one or two wildcards, but since I can't, I'll build my team with nothing but ghosts.

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
Aegislash @Leftovers
Trevenant @Sitrus Berry
Banette @Banetteite
Jellicent @Leftovers
Gengar @FocusSash/LifeOrb

Cofagrigus would be used to abuse Nasty Plot, while taking it like a tank from any physical attackers. Trevenant's main role would be to drain the life from the other team's pokemon, while Jellicent works as a wall for anything that might threaten Trevenant. Banette would be there to hax the opponents team with status', and then finally to take down a viable threat with Destiny Bond. Gengar and Aegislash's roles would be to sweep what's left. :)

I will have to go with Dark tyoe Pokemon when it comes to choosing a single type team. My team would most probably consist of

Gyarados (Mega)
Greninja
Sableye
Umbreon
Weavile
Krookodile

Mine would have to be dragon types :p Probably something like:

Charizard (Mega X)
Garchomp
Kingdra
Hydreigon
Altaria
Haxorus

Definitely Dragon Types they're awesome! I'd pick them because they only have three weaknesses and one of them being itself which it is super effective against. It has many resistances and even though it doesn't have many x2 damage types they're still good. They also can learn other types of powerful moves as well!

I'd choose;
Garchomp (mega)
Dragonite
Mega charizard x (if it would count)
Hydreigon
Tyrantum
Mega ampharos

My team would be Ice, but I haven't thought about it enough to have an actual team in mind.

I would go for all dragon-type.
Garchomp
Dragonite
Salamence
Hydreigon
Flygon
Kingdra

Back