What would you change in a Mario game?

• Thread starter P2.0
  • Start date
P2.0

P2.0

BlueJ was here.
Towns Folk
Hello! It's-a me, P2.0! ^o^ And today, er, tonight, we're gonna be talking about mario games. Or generic ones.
You all know the story, right? Mushroom Kingdom. Land of happy mushroom people, and an adorable princess. Big turtle dragon storms in cuz he feelin' lonely as heck. Swipes the princess, trashes the place. Leaves.
Plumber dude with an INSANELY stylish moustache shows up. Mushroom people rats on turtle dragon for stealing their ruler. Plumber dude hikes up his overalls, and gets to rescuin'. :artist:
Plumber dude braves the challenges, finds turtle dragon, beats the snot out of him, saves princess. Princess gives a cake, or a kiss on the nose/cheek. ( Maybe both :sneaky: ) plumber dude goes home, and happy ending!

Well, that's how most of the games go. There are slight differences, but you get the idea? Alright, so imagine Miyamoto-san asks you what do you want to happen in the next one. What would you change?

Reactions: Samster
Oh snap, I’m probably not qualified for this at all, lol. But here we go anyways! xP

First of all, we need more 3D styled Mario games. You know, like Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario 3D Land, Super Mario 3D World, etc.

Mario games can get a bit repetitive at times. Just the same 2D styles a lot of the time. I feel like we need a bit more meat and potatoes to the whole situation. Like, maybe a really gripping storyline? Or perhaps a few good new items? No, the Super Crown doesn’t count. ;~;

There’s a whole lot they could add, but yea. I’d want an amazing storyline, more 3D styled elements, a few new enemy types, and at least three or four brand new items. :artist:

Reactions: P2.0
Oh snap, I’m probably not qualified for this at all, lol. But here we go anyways! xP

First of all, we need more 3D styled Mario games. You know, like Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario 3D Land, Super Mario 3D World, etc.

Mario games can get a bit repetitive at times. Just the same 2D styles a lot of the time. I feel like we need a bit more meat and potatoes to the whole situation. Like, maybe a really gripping storyline? Or perhaps a few good new items? No, the Super Crown doesn’t count. ;~;

There’s a whole lot they could add, but yea. I’d want an amazing storyline, more 3D styled elements, a few new enemy types, and at least three or four brand new items. :artist:
Yeah, I agree with the whole meatier story. It'd be awesome if they had an even more gripping storyline with Mario, or even Peach's past. Like, something comes to light one day, and they have to go address it. :redpanda: ( Or friggin' have Mario and Peach finally hook up! :mad: ...Unless it's because of that ''he's not royalty'' thing again. :/ )

New items would be nice. I kinda would like if they added some stuff from Super Mario Bros. 3, y'know? That'd be so cool to have the Frog Suit again! ;-; And I would be more open to more unique power ups, too!

I'd have Waluigi playable in the last level (which is Bowser's castle) and Luigi is gonna be imprisoned and Waluigi is gonna rescue Luigi ONLY to take him to Wario's castle unless Mario doesn't care and wants to get smoochies from Peach and Toad saves Luigi because he's ordered to.

Reactions: P2.0
Hello! It's-a me, P2.0! ^o^ And today, er, tonight, we're gonna be talking about mario games. Or generic ones.
You all know the story, right? Mushroom Kingdom. Land of happy mushroom people, and an adorable princess. Big turtle dragon storms in cuz he feelin' lonely as heck. Swipes the princess, trashes the place. Leaves.
Plumber dude with an INSANELY stylish moustache shows up. Mushroom people rats on turtle dragon for stealing their ruler. Plumber dude hikes up his overalls, and gets to rescuin'. :artist:
Plumber dude braves the challenges, finds turtle dragon, beats the snot out of him, saves princess. Princess gives a cake, or a kiss on the nose/cheek. ( Maybe both :sneaky: ) plumber dude goes home, and happy ending!

Well, that's how most of the games go. There are slight differences, but you get the idea? Alright, so imagine Miyamoto-san asks you what do you want to happen in the next one. What would you change?
If you're talking about the story, I'd recommend what I suggested a while ago. BOWSER VIDEO GAME. I wanna see what Bowser does when he's not swiping princesses or go karting (maybe even the after math of one of the games like what happened to Bowser after the events of Super Mario Odyssey or after a Mario and Luigi game). But if it has to be a SUPER MARIO game. I would probably say let him face Tatanga again. IDK just wanna see the guy.

I feel like the whole series needs a reboot and some kind of lore to be introduced.

As much as I love mindless platforming and colorful settings, I don’t necessarily “respect” the plot of Mario games. I don’t know if actual world-building is Nintendo’s thing at all, I’m sure they want everything to just be whimsical and the story to not necesssarily make sense and just be fun instead, but I’m finding it harder and harder to believe some random plumber can kick as much butt as Mario does.

Maybe even just a gritty RPG that takes a different spin on the series and just have it be standalone. I think it would be interesting.

I feel like the whole series needs a reboot and some kind of lore to be introduced.

As much as I love mindless platforming and colorful settings, I don’t necessarily “respect” the plot of Mario games. I don’t know if actual world-building is Nintendo’s thing at all, I’m sure they want everything to just be whimsical and the story to not necesssarily make sense and just be fun instead, but I’m finding it harder and harder to believe some random plumber can kick as much butt as Mario does.

Maybe even just a gritty RPG that takes a different spin on the series and just have it be standalone. I think it would be interesting.
There is lore. There are tons of connections throughout the different Mario, Mario Kart, Donkey Kong, etc. games. I am working on a timeline rn that I will eventually start in a year.

There is lore. There are tons of connections throughout the different Mario, Mario Kart, Donkey Kong, etc. games. I am working on a timeline rn that I will eventually start in a year.

I can’t find any rhyme or reason to any kind of continuity in the Mario games. Maybe Easter eggs or references to things from other games, but an actual timeline is something I’d like to see.

I know Cranky Kong was who Mario was trying to beat in the original Mario arcade game, and I think the lady from that game is in Odyssey (never played so don’t know). So, maybe some lore, but I want something more deep.

Reactions: Sunny_Meows
Back