What would you like to see in the next Zelda?

• Thread starter P2.0
  • Start date
P2.0

P2.0

BlueJ was here.
Towns Folk
Hey guys, P2.0 here with another topic-thingy about the Legend of Zelda series! :3

So, as some of you know, I was finally able to play BotW recently on Wii U. And honestly, I'm having a blast exploring Hyrule's many regions! ( Btw, already got the Master Sword in the first few days. :sneaky: Nothing big, sure, but it's a big deal to me! :'D )

Anyhoo, I'd have to say after playing it myself, it's probably one of the most unique Zeldas out there. And probably the biggest, in terms of exploration! But I had a thought... Like I'm sure everyone else is thinking as well: What's next for Zelda?

I had some ideas, but I'd like to hear what you guys think first ( cuz we may be thinking the same things~ >:3 ).

Reactions: Samster
Honestly, I kinda missed the whole dungeon thing. Sure, we had Shrines, but they were like super mini temples, yknow? Also, dang, the Divine Beasts were way too easy in my opinion.

Reactions: P2.0
Honestly, I kinda missed the whole dungeon thing. Sure, we had Shrines, but they were like super mini temples, yknow? Also, dang, the Divine Beasts were way to easy in my opinion.
Same here with the shrines. I mean, some were challenging in terms of puzzles, but I missed having to dig deep in a big spooky temple/dungeon to find cool items to beat a boss with.

Can't say much about the Divine Beasts because I haven't fought them. :p

Reactions: Samster
Same here with the shrines. I mean, some were challenging in terms of puzzles, but I missed having to dig deep in a big spooky temple/dungeon to find cool items to beat a boss with.

Can't say much about the Divine Beasts because I haven't fought them. :p
The Divine Beasts are pretty cool besides being somewhat short. I think you’ll like them. Another thing I wanna see I’m the next game is the memories. I love the little glimpses into Link’s past, those were awesome. One of them was pretty emotional, too.

I don't know of anything more to add to the Zelda series. It is pretty awesome right now.

I adore Breath of the Wild and what it brought to, and back to, the franchise, but I'd love for the next game to be more similar to Ocarina or Time or Twilight Princess with the same level of polish. Breath of the Wild was a breath of fresh air, but I don't want it to be the new standard for future Zelda games - the market is oversaturared with open-world RPG-esque games as it is, especially with a fantasy theme. It's a solid title and a very welcome break from the usual formula, but I'd like for the next game to go back to the classic dungeons, quest items, dungeon items with specific puzzles and more compact overworld.
Basically, I want the next game to build upon the Ocarina of Time formula - not too open or linear, not too easy or difficult, not too long or short, just hit that sweet balance that makes a great classic Zelda game. Not every new game has to break the mold and be different, the old games worked for a reason and they still have good design ideas worth reusing.

And more story please, Breath of the Wild giving Hyrule proper worldbuilding, Link and Zelda actual personalities and scattering little lore tidbits around the world for the player to seek out was amazing.

Reactions: P2.0
These are some really great ideas! :eek:

For me, I guess having a big world to explore, like BotW is fine, but I would like to have more story segments in it, rather than just the memories.
And more romance between Link and Zelda! *^* ( That's probably a me thing, though. :'D )

I'd also want to bring dungeons back. Something about traversing through big scary temples/dungeons, and finding a really cool item after a mini-boss was very exciting to me. Like, all my efforts paid off when navigating through the trials, y'know?

Back