Ultimate What would you think of custom character alts?

• Thread starter EnderLord
  • Start date

What would you think of custom character alts?

• Yes! So many possibillities!

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • No! It would be abused!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't really care

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
EnderLord

EnderLord

I'm new
Towns Folk
What would you think of custom character alts in Smash Ultimate? I don't mean ones that are hacked in. I mean, Nintendo adds a feature where you can make your own character alts (for whatever reason.)
How do you think people would react to this? What kind of character alts do you think people would make?

Note: These character alts would be limited to color swaps and maybe some Nintendo-provided decals for your character. Like: a red and blue captain falcon with a star added on the helmet. Also, alt hackers and people doing inappropriate character alts would be banned from online for a time, ranging from 1 day the first time, with repeated offenses eventually leading up to a permanent online ban.

Last edited:
I don't think this will happen, and it would be a weird feature. Of course people would abuse it and make... Inappropriate designs.

Well, let's take a look at Rivals of Aether and how it did it.

Rivals allowed you to be a little technical with it and fully change the RGB settings with it, meaning it was truly a custom color thing. I've played a lot of online, and I have not seen anything offensive at all done with it.

As for Smash, well I think doing it how Rivals did would be good too. Maybe only for clothes so it doesn't become too distracting, and for other characters that are just.. well skin, like Kirby, Pikachu, etc, they can add a hue that only slightly changes the color.

But I don't see how you can necessarily be offensive with the color skins. Maybe with the symbols sure, but colors? I don't really know how.

Reactions: EnderLord
Back