whats monster hunter about

• Thread starter 87Duel
  • Start date
87Duel

87Duel

Nintendo 3DS Addict
Towns Folk
so i've heard and seen alot about the monster hunter series and i'm curious as to what monster hunter is about, how it works and whats the best game for beginners you see ive seen someone at school play it during gym and he let me play it a little it was pretty fun too but i just dont like the art style anyway if someone can answer these i'd appreciate it

Well, in a nutshell, it's about hunting monsters, forging and upgrading weapons and armor, hunting monsters and having fun. And did I already say hunting monsters?

Okay, a bad joke at that, but in all seriousness (Why so serious?), it's good to hear you're considering getting one. Monster Hunter has never been that popular here in west, so it's always nice to get new players.
As I've already said (many times), it's about hunting. You get to hunt various monsters that differ in sizes (you should see the huge monsters!). They have different attacks, weaknesses etc.
To stand against these monsters, you need armor and weapon. You can forge and upgrade them from spoils you get from monsters by carving them and from quest rewards ( it can get a bit tedious to get those rare materials at times...).
As for weapons, there are many types to choose from, having different elemental values, some being slower than others but being stronger in return. It might take time to find weapon you excel at.
You could get Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for either 3DS or WiiU (pick WiiU version if possible, it has online play that 3DS version lacks...).Or alternativaly you can wait for Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate that will be released early 2015 (I guess it'll be in march or april...) for 3DS and it has online play.
And the most important thing is to have fun (but I won't lie, there's gonna be those rage moments...:rage:)!
I, for myself, love Monster Hunter. I don't really have any good reason for it, I just happen to enjoy it. The thrill of hunting and the anticipation if you get that one quest reward you need to upgrade...

If you decide to get one, I'd be happy to share more information and advice. And if you pick the WiiU version, I can hunt with you online ( it's always more fun to hunt in groups)!:)

Reactions: Shadow_has_Risen, Chaos-san and Marc
Looks like one person kinda completely summed up the whole monster hunter thing for ya ;") and did an amazing job at that! @KalTurahk on a side note, I suggest getting the monster hunter 3 ultimate demo from the eshop! It will give you a good gist of how the gameplay works! Oh and also, I think the graphics are spectacular!

Monster Hunter is all about hunting gigantic awesome monsters. You'll quests to go hunt monsters and then carve parts from the monster to forge weapons and armor. The graphics look great, especially on the Wii U, although you have to take in to account that the game was originally built for the Wii (but then expanded into versions for the 3DS/Wii U). I strongly suggest you try playing it since it is a ton of fun. I'd also try the demo too and get a feel for how the game works before buying the full game. You might even get the game for $20 if you're patient.

@KalTurahk on a side note, I suggest getting the monster hunter 3 ultimate demo from the eshop! It will give you a good gist of how the gameplay works!

Ah, forgot about that! :confused:

Reactions: zekiebouy
Honestly its worth playing and is a fun way to test your intelligence not all monsters fight the same or have the same weakness so adaptability is the key to the game

What's Monster Hunter about, you said ? Well, let me tell you.

It's a game in which you must hunt monsters that are way taller/bigger than your own character, to complete quests, upgrade your weapons and/or your armour, and fight even more monsters, except that there'll be more monsters, and you may have to fight them in different conditions (in the desert, reducing you health, or in a frozen place that will drain your stamina gauge faster, but these cons can be avoided ;)). And generally, at the end, you face a powerful monster.

You have more quests in the G/U versions of the games than in the regular one, though Capcom decided to add free DLC quests lately. On Portable 3rd (PSP), they even added extra weapons/armour that deal a lot of damage !

On home consoles and on the 3DS in the future, you can play online with anybody or your friends, and make the hunt for monsters even more funnier. Of course, you'll face "hardcore" variations of the monsters you have faced offline, but, the items they drop are worth it ;).

My description might make the game sound redundant, but, believe me, it's funnier than what you might be expecting. And I'm not talking about the graphics.

---> Small thing: Don't go for MH3U if you have a 3DS, keep your money for MH4U, because this game will feature more monsters than all the other versions (88, to be exact, while MH3U has 73 and MH4 [Japan-Only] has 72 monsters.)

I'll stop here, because there's too many things to say about the game because of how good it is. Get one and play it for yourself, and you'll see.

Hunting monsters it logic there is an online mode and offline:)

I think it's about killing monster before it kills humans and don't they eat the monster that they kill.

What is Monster Hunter you say?

In this exciting world of MH, you take a role as a hunter to hunt monsters in many sizes to save the village! Pay attention to your Health (green) and Stamina (yellow) cause these gauges are very important and never let it go to zero. Gather materials from monsters to make wide varieties of powerful weapons and armors for your hunter! Face powerful monsters depending on the quest you choose from. Quests contain conditions and objectives that needs completion. It may be either a Gathering Quest (to gather materials needed), Slaying Quest (to slay smaller monsters), Hunting Quest (to hunt the giant monsters), or Capture Quest (to capture the monster without slaying it or avoiding to let its health down to zero). But beware some quests have "Danger" on it, it means that it has a monster on that quest area that will appear sometime, so take precaution (This feature is properly shown in MH3 and MH3U but not in MHFU and MHP3rd). Once the objective is done the quest is complete! As you progress through the game, you get to hunt even powerful monsters in High-Rank and G-Rank quests but you get rarer materials from them that enables you to craft even more powerful armors and weapons. Also if you find it very difficult to defeat the monster you are trying to hunt, how about play with your friends, or around the globe? With the upcoming release of MH4U in 2015, the most anticipated MH game with the never-before-seen online multiplayer support back in MH3U. Keep your money for MH4U or else you'll miss out...

If you want to try MH right now while keeping your money for the upcoming release.... then how about taking a try of MH3U Demo on 3DS Eshop for free? (However, It doesn't support Circle Pad Pro or Circle Pad Pro XL on 3DS).

I think this is a terrific game in which you take the role of an unkown hunter that arrives at certain isle. As you are a hunter, you have to hunt in order to live, but this task becomes easy (in certain way) when you hear and eventually join the hunter's union. From this organization you start receiving some missions to do certain tasks, most of them hunting a monster, but there are also others in which you have to collect a specific item.....the thing is that the place in which you have to do it is plagued by monsters and there is always a big surprise around too. In order to go hunting you need armor and appropriate weapons to deal with the monsters. You can actually buy them or froge them, the latter will cost to you to get certain materials, some of them are monster's parts. Basically the game is about hunting monsters, but I don't want to sound so boring about it, remember this each monster is a challenge, no matter how many monsters of the same kind you kill, every now and then something will appear to make things harder

Basically the Monster Hunter games are about going on quests and defeating monsters and gathering items as well as playing as hunters and using their unique weapons which they have.A good game for a beginner is MHU4 which explains everything well as shown in the demo version though the game hasn't come out yet but will soon.

Back