What's some good retro games

• Thread starter Courtknee26
  • Start date
Courtknee26

Courtknee26

Pokemon Trainer
Towns Folk
I have a SNES and N64 right now with a few games each, but I want to know what are some good games to look into getting for the NES, SNES, N64... Even a Sega Gen
I'm currently thinking of getting a retro port and retro gen to play nes and sega gen games from my SNES.
Last year I had to sell a good majority of my gaming collection but want to slowly start building it back up.

There are some really good retro games for the Nintendo 64 and the SNES :p I think that some include like the original Legend of Zelda or Link's Adventure , Mega Man X is also good as well

For the N64 there's Super Mario 64 , or Donkey Kong 64 or Pokemon Stadium as well for choices .

Some of the best retro games I have played would be the Legend of zelda Ocarina of Time and Majora's mask. The original LoZ is great as well. Pokemon stadium and super mario 64 are goods as well. I have played all of these on the wii or the ds/3ds so I will say that they are all great games worth buying.

I have all the Donkey Kong, Legend of Zelda, Pokemon, and Mario games on the SNES and N64. I'm looking for less popular titles I guess. Like I just discovered 'Illusion of Gaia' and it's pretty good.

Some good ones that I am going to recommend are from the NES, the gauntlet of retro games. Those games are Castlevania, Ninja Gaiden, Contra, and Mega Man. You may have noticed that these games are very hard, and they are. Castlevania has stiff controls, but is a good game. Ninja Gaiden has that cheap knock back that always drops you in a pit if you are near one, just like Castlevania. Ninja Gaiden also proves to be hard by sending you all the way to the beginning of the stage if you die on the boss. Contra is a challenging and fun shooter. Mega Man, well is also hard.

Oh, man. You gotta try out Section- Z. It's for the NES, and is actually a port of the original Arcade game. The graphics have been overhauled for the NES, in comparison to the old Arcade machine. You have to be careful with this one, because it's a lot of zerg-rushing and trial and error. Overall, I thought it was a fantastic game that didn't receive a lot of attention. It has some nice chiptune going on, too.

Back