Whats the difference between animal crossing and harvest moon?

• Thread starter SilverOwl
  • Start date
SilverOwl

SilverOwl

Guardian
Banned User
I thought about getting a farming game. i didnt know what really the differnce between these two games? i also have heard about rune factory series....
so what are you guys favorite series? explain the stuff that the games have.. like what does one game have(or do better) than the other game..
any help would be greatly appreciated.

Animal Crossing isn't focused on farming only, but a whole small city simulation - you are a mayor there.

Harvest Moon is mainly a farming simulation, and Rune Factory, its spin-off, blends farming with fantasy action RPG, so you can hunt monsters there, too. The setting is fantasy-based.

Reactions: Bugalet, 3dsatackman and Reece
Animal Crossing isn't focused on farming only, but a whole small city simulation - you are a mayor there.

Harvest Moon is mainly a farming simulation, and Rune Factory, its spin-off, blends farming with fantasy action RPG, so you can hunt monsters there, too. The setting is fantasy-based.

The Mayor feature wasn't added until Animal Crossing: New Leaf, so it's not really what the series of animal crossing as a whole is about. Animal crossing isn't as focused on farming (For one you live among animals), but it has a bit of landscaping to it.
Harvest Moon is all about farming, and I'm not too sure what more you can do other than take care of animals, farm crops, and socialize with other farmers.
Rune Factory is said to be one of the best JRPG's on the 3DS. I can understand why, as there are great battle mechanics. I think you can marry in Rune Factory as well if I'm not mistaken. There's most likely more to it than that, but I haven't played the game so I'm not too certain.

Reactions: Bugalet and dwikrid
Does Harvest Moon utilize any multiplayer features? I have heard of the series but I've never played it. sweet!

i really thought about looking into a rune factory game. im a member of this awesome game trading website. maybe i can make a deal with somebody

I don't know much about the Harvest Moon series (I played the GBA game LONG ago), so I can't give much detail. So far, all I've collected about the franchise is that it's based solely on "Farm-Life".

I do know some things about Animal Crossing though. Firstly, all the Animal Crossing games have a different theme, like in Animal Crossing: New Leaf, you take the role of a mayor, and you create your "dream" town (and house), using Public Works Projects, and greenery such as Trees, and Plants, instead of living like a "normal" villager. You can also collect different items like clothing, and furniture for yourself/your house.

In Animal Crossing: Wild World, you just take on the role of being just a normal villager, doing all the basic things such as helping out other villagers, collecting items, celebrating holidays etc.

Those are all the Animal Crossing games I've played :sorry:. I don't think in Harvest Moon there's: anthropomorphic animals, real time holidays/festivals, mini-games, the feature to create your "dream house" (and town-ACNL). Let me know is Harvest Moon have these kind of features.

Reactions: 423
Harvest Moon is a game based primarily on farming. I have played Innocent Life: Harvest Moon on the PSP, and it was a really great game. Animal Crossing, on the other hand is a game where you are made the Mayor of a town. You have to put a lot of time into Animal Crossing, because if you don't play the game for a long period of time, your town and its residents will miss you.
Both are really great games, but I haven't read much Harvest Moon reviews for the 3DS. There is a new Harvest Moon game coming out for the 3DS, I forgot it's name.
Tl;DR: Animal Crossing is about managing an entire city, whereas Harvest Moon focuses primarily on farming.

cool, thanks for the info guys

I dont really know much about harvest moon XD but i do know that in AC you take on the role of a person)the only person) in a town full of animal. i think that harvest moon is about farming so it not like ac in that way, the only fruits are teh ones on trees nothing else unless you count the turnips that you sell to the stalk market :p

i might be getting a cart only copy of animal crossing wild world, but i wont know, until it comes. i won it on listia, but after i won, somebody else told me that the person was a scammer... they told me they shipped it, so if i dont get it by next week i will get a refund on it. listia uses credits so no matter what i wont be out of any moeny

I played all of the games in their series :). I played Harvest Moon: Wonderful Life, Animal Crossing Wild World and New Leaf, and Rune Factory DS. All of them were great games, but as has been previously stated, Animal Crossing doesn't really have farming. Harvest Moon: Wonderful Life has farming, shopping, adventuring, horse riding, and, yes, marriage. Rune Factory DS (The first one) was a great RPG game, but it actually literally says a fantasy Harvest moon on the box :p

From what I've experienced (and heard) harvest moon is more based on humans,farming and friendships and such. While animal crossing is more of focusing on animals, farming and owning property (such as owning a city in new leaf.) As for rune factory, I really don't know much about it

Simple Harvest Moon is better. Well I prefer it. There are small differences tho.

Back