What's the difference between games that are both on the 3ds and wii u?

• Thread starter Megalegacy98
  • Start date
Megalegacy98

Megalegacy98

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
What's the difference between games that are both on the 3ds and wii u? there are some notable differences like:
Wii U:
Bigger Screen
Off-tv play

3ds:
portable
smaller

other wise they are both the same... is there any other differneces?

I thought there would be slightly different features in both as well, since you can do more on a bigger screen rather than a smaller one. :)

3DS versions also have Streetpass (in some cases) which is an added bonus.

The differences really depend on the game, but generally the Wii U versions of games have more content.

what about virtual console titles, like the legend of zelda. thats both on 3ds and wii u

About Virtual Console titles (and that would be just NES titles):
  • You can use two controllers on the Wii U at the same time.
  • You can change the controls on the Wii U.
About the games, that actually depends.
So far there're a few titles that are identical being eShop titles, where the 3DS contains 3D effect and the Wii U has HD resolution.

Games for both systems like Sonic Lost World, Sonic Boom and Super Smash Bros. are actually different games with different content and features.

Games for both systems like Sonic Lost World, Sonic Boom and Super Smash Bros. are actually different games with different content and features.
I knew that super smash bros had differnet stages, but I never knew Sonic Lost World and other games had different content.

I knew that super smash bros had differnet stages, but I never knew Sonic Lost World and other games had different content.

In the case of Sonic Lost World, both version are different games:

Level 1 for 3DS

Level 1 for Wii U

You are indeed right. They are different.

the differences you mention are the clearest I think but there are also other differences in some games. I mean, in MH3 ultimate for 3ds, the only multiplayer option you have is locally, that is to say, you have to joing another friend next to you that has the copy of the game. On the other hand, on the wii u version of the game, you can play multiplayer mode online. I know there is also a feature that can be downloaded from the wii u that enables the 3ds version to play onlie too, but you need both consoles.

Back