what's the difference of monter hunter 3 and 3 ultimate?

• Thread starter 145
  • Start date

and also, which one do you like?

• Total voters

Da jia hau! My fc is 1220-7050-5971!
Towns Folk
what's the difference of monter hunter 3 and 3 ultimate?

lol you know what ? i actually don't know but the logical answer i will be giving is - its probably new weapons new clothing new monsters to kill new bosses and everything - so yeah and btw monster hunter 4 is japanese :p

That 1 of those is the ULTIMATE VERSION!!!
lol

MH3 is for the Wii, and it was the first game in the series to feature Water battles, or whatever they are called, and also introduced a lot of ne monsters with some returning ones from previous entries.

MH3 Ultimate is available for 3DS and Wii U with a cross play feature, water battles that were abscent from MHPortable 3rd(PSP) return, as well as new monsters, more armors, and in general much more content.

Also, you can only play online with the Wii U version, you can play online with the 3DS but you need a Wii U and some kind of adapter.

My advice? If you don't really need monster hunter right now, wait till next year, MH4 Ultimate will be getting localized and will feature online play on the 3DS (No Wii U version, just 3DS)

That Nintendo is trying to make more money by rereleasing the same games over and over because they are bored to make new games.

That Nintendo is trying to make more money by rereleasing the same games over and over because they are bored to make new games.
lol yeah i know right ?! it starts to get annoying as many people want new games not the same old ones except for the legendary ultimate game aka pokemon - people want remakes of the gameboy versions :p but there aren't any ?!

Nintendo didn't make monster hunter. So yeah... there not bored and they do make plenty of new and Great games.

Nintendo didn't make monster hunter. So yeah... there not bored and they do make plenty of new and Great games.
I never said they made it. I said theg rerelease it.

I never said they made it. I said theg rerelease it.
Did they? Oh I didn't know that.

Reactions: xmenpkmntrainer
MH3U has many more monsters than Tri along with new armors, weapons, areas, and final bosses. MH4U is going to have even more monsters than any previous Monster Hunter Title (right now there are 88 confirmed).

Monster Hunter 3 U has many more monsters than tri, the difficulty bar is raised ALOT. Imo ultimate is like hard mode, while tri is for beginners, but again, that is just my opinion, i have no proof as this is just one players thoughts to another, if you going to get one id really recommend MH3 tri because it would get you started in the right direction

So there's a difference between Monster Hunter 3 and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate i thought it was the same game so they are all different so is there a Monster hunter 3 non ultimate in the eshop also i don't quite understand what are you trying to mean i played previous monster hunter game and the 3 ultimate one but dodn't see a difference at all.

Monster Hunter Tri was originally released for the Wii ~5 years ago. MH3U came afterwards and included new monsters (don't want to spoil it for you but one is on the Japanese cover of the game) with the accompanying weapons, armors, and quests. If you've played MH3U, then watch this video which shows all the monsters that were in MH Tri. Whichever ones were not are all new for MH3U.

Starting to get really interested in this series actually... If anyone has info that they wish to pass on to me about it I'd greatly appreciate it! Monster hunter 3 ultimate looks super good (after watching the ign review...) I don't believe there's much a difference between MH3U and MH3 besides maybe more weapons, monsters and better graphics, they do look like amazing games!I'll have to look into MH3 more... Anyways yea if you have info you want to share I'd love you to pass it on to me

Also, 3's online was shut down (obviously) and you can't even go to the Port (Loc Lac City in that game) without modding it.

Monster Hunter Tri does not have "hd" graphics , no online because the servers were shut down. Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate has online mode , HD graphics , new monsters , new weapons and new weapon types. It also has more quests (for example chrimson querepeco , Azure Lagi) due to the diffrent subspecies of monsters. My advice , get the wii u version if you really want it , otherwise just wait for MH4U which will have online (MH3U for 3ds does not have online and does not have as many quests as MH3U on the Wii U). The game is amazing and really addictive.

Monster Hunter Tri does not have "hd" graphics , no online because the servers were shut down. Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate has online mode , HD graphics , new monsters , new weapons and new weapon types. It also has more quests (for example chrimson querepeco , Azure Lagi) due to the diffrent subspecies of monsters. My advice , get the wii u version if you really want it , otherwise just wait for MH4U which will have online (MH3U for 3ds does not have online and does not have as many quests as MH3U on the Wii U). The game is amazing and really addictive.
What quests does the 3DS version not have that the Wii U version has?

Reactions: Malladus
I'm pretty sure MH3U for both the 3DS and Wii U are identical. The Wii U only offers online play and HD graphics. All the quests, armors, and weapons are the same in both games. The DLC quests are also identical.

Back