What's the first thing you did in 2021?

• Thread starter Mr. Kream
  • Start date
Mr. Kream

Mr. Kream

Will Mod Your Soul
Forum Moderator
I was thinking about how I wanted to start my year and thought about taking a drive south side up the coast, where I could kick it someplace beachside, but then I thought about it. That wasn't the first decision I'd made today; when I'd came to, I came across this new Black Rock Shooter figure that made me think back on how much I enjoyed that series, and I sat down and rewatched the whole thing before having that thought about the beach.

What was the first thing you did in 2021, was it the first thing you wanted to do, was there a reason?

Reactions: Jisenku and Mizunil
Broke into the new year drinking scotch and wine with family and friends.

It's pretty much a tradition so there's nothing else I wanted to do in its place.

Reactions: Jisenku, Duffy and Deepak
I ate cake and played stardew valley for the first time.

Toasted a glass of sparkling apple cider with my family. Then celebrated in New Horizons. Decent start to the year.

Reactions: Jisenku, Mr. Kream, Duffy and 1 other person
Kissed my girlfriend at midnight! First time I've ever got to do that!

Reactions: Jisenku
the first thing i did in the year was going to sleep

Reactions: Jisenku
Around midnight, I was playing Oninaki and listening to the album Ghostlights by Avantasia. At the time, I was grinding for a boss fight and momentarily paused as the clock hit 00:00 so focus on the music.

At the exact moment 2021 began - at midnight as the clock ticked over - the song playing, Mystery of a Blood Red Rose, entered into the final explosive chorus after having the tempo momentarily slow down for a single line. It was so perfectly timed and if this is the omen to base 2021's fortune off, I'd say it's going to be a good year.

I continued grinding for a little while before engaging the boss in combat at roughly 00:42, defeating it at 00:44 with Izana, perhaps one of the very few bosses I have defeated with her equipped - I typically use Dia for boss fights.

All in all, Mystery of a Blood Red Rose and the Oninaki boss fight with Izana were how I kicked off 2021, or Let the Storm Descend Upon You if you're going by first full song listened to rather than song that happened to be playing as 2021 hit. It was a pretty good start so I can only hope the rest of 2021 will follow suit with its good omens.

Reactions: Jisenku and Mr. Kream
I was at the hospital with my mom, drifting off to sleep, but I knew she didn't want to miss the new year, so I made sure to wake her up and let her watch the countdown. The next day is when I came home from the hospital

the first day of 2021 was actually pretty normal for me, slept in later, until like 8:30, then ate breakfast, and just really hanged out with fam.

Watched a countdown a few minutes before New Years with my family! Stayed up until 4, ate some cake, was on my phone, normal stuff. Right before and after we were playing Smash and Soul Caliber II :p

Back