AC:NH What's the point of using custom paths over default paths in ACNH?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I thought the custom paths would be for decoration while taking the noise made by the default paths set, but that's not how it works, unfortunately. Custom paths do not make any unique sounds when you step over them, so I'm wondering what the point is of using one of the default paths over the grass path, then placing custom paths over one of the default paths you added?

It seems like double the work for no real benefit. Maybe I'm missing something tho :redpanda:

If you use the transparent option, you can see the default path below the custom design. I think thats basically it.

If you use the transparent option, you can see the default path below the custom design. I think thats basically it.
I also noticed that custom paths aren't registered on the mini map itself. How would I get it to show up?

I also noticed that custom paths aren't registered on the mini map itself. How would I get it to show up?
You cant. Idk why. Nintendo is weird

You cant. Idk why. Nintendo is weird
So, I tried it some more last night and figured out you can set the default path first for the trail on the mini map and then set your custom path over it so that you have the custom design when walking/etc.

Reactions: Yumi Chi
So, I tried it some more last night and figured out you can set the default path first for the trail on the mini map and then set your custom path over it so that you have the custom design when walking/etc.
Big brain marc.

This how I’ve been doing it^
though be wary u can accident wipe it up..

you need at least 1 pixel with transparency to properly layer over the path correctly.

though be wary u can accident wipe it up..

you need at least 1 pixel with transparency to properly layer over the path correctly.
Can you explain this in more detail please? ;-;

Can you explain this in more detail please? ;-;
When you make a Path in the creator there are a bunch of colors one being transparent, in order for the creation to lay nicely on the path you choose (instead of its normal square form) you must use that transparent color & at least 1 grid of it for it to lay nice on default paths you can put this dot anywheres on your pattern it is noticeable but not fully as you can see in my pic the dot is in the middle.
01CCC3A0-5718-480F-B479-468CF63C57FE.jpeg8ED4F562-0546-4015-A0FF-9FFB33DEE6AF.jpeg

Last edited:
When you make a Path in the creator there are a bunch of colors one being transparent, in order for the creation to lay nicely on the path you choose (instead of its normal square form) you must use that transparent color & at least 1 grid of it for it to lay nice on default paths you can put this dot anywheres on your pattern it is noticeable but not fully as you can see in my pic the dot is in the middle.
View attachment 20407View attachment 20408
Oh. I don't design my own paths :monkey:

Borders for existing paths

Back