Whats your favorite gear setup?

• Thread starter Tyrone
  • Start date
Tyrone

Tyrone

Totally Marcs Alt :3
Banned User
Hello everyone again, I came to ask a question to you guys today, What is your favorite gear set up in monster hunter 4 ultimate? I personally dont have one yet but im gonna soon! Since im entering G3 soon and am gonna look into some good gear for the G3 quest, Whats your setup and why do you like it? Tell me down below!

welp, it kinda depends a lot on what ur looking for when it comes to "good gear." for example:
do u want a full or mixed set?
is there any weapon u plan on using with that set?
is there a specific skill/resistances u want?
and even if ur just looking for good all-around sets, most of the best ones u can't get without G-crown stuff (like from elders)

Reactions: Furno
Star Knight because it looks cool and has great stats and skills

In all seriousness, though, it's probably what I used most when I played 4U because I was an IG user and it has some really good skills for IG (I'm looking at you Mounting Master) and every element has 5 resistance. Plus, being able to gem in whatever I want is great.

Last edited:
Star Knight with Akantor CB.

I'd get some Honed Blade, Critical +2, and Guard+2 stuff if I could be bothered though.

Last edited:
I use the full nerscylla set of armor its very slick and easy to obtain and also nullifys the sleeping ailment inflicted on you. It also allows you to set traps and bombs faster

Reactions: The Omega
I use the full Zinogre X, and Zinogre Z sets(Gunner), with their matching DB fully upgraded. I mainly did it at first because zinogre is my favorite monster, and the suits were amazingly stylish, but after I fully upgraded them to divine ore, and put all of my decorations in, they were actually amazing to use in a fight, even a serious battle. I also use the immortal mixed set(Look it up online), The full Seltas X set(Gunner), and the Rage armor set(This one is pretty much just for style, but it can make it pretty well in a fight. These are all good sets, and pretty cool looking ones as well. The set I use most often is the Immortal set, and sometimes the Tempest set as well.

I'm only HR 2 but my favorite gear so far is Alloy set. I need to upgrade but the set looks really pretty. #fashionhunter >.<)/ It looks like this:
latest

I use to use the alloy set, I thought it was really cool, I'm now using (I forget its name) that big spider thingy armor...
its cool and decent (im a blade master) all though im a big zelda fan id really like links armor but for now I cant until I reach that level..
I traditionally mix and match my amor so its not boring, I go back sometimes to older quests and gather again sometimes so I can keep getting good armor that looks really cool!
its totally worth the replay value if you need cool and decent armors to attach to your character which find exciting!
other than that, the spider one is my favourite as of now, I still want links and will have it some day! Cant wait for generations!!

So far, I really like the Nerscylla set. It's stylish, easy to get, and has a pretty good defense. Plus, I like battling the Nerscylla. I'm thinking that once I'm at a higher HR, I might get some stronger armour.

Tip: Don't fight a fire monster with Nerscylla armor. Unless you have the fire protection gems for your armor.

I got two, I can't decide which to pick! First one is full Narga X with Flame Fatalis Blade, which has great skills, lots of defense and incredible potential! Second is full Ukanlos X (repainted bluish white and black) armor with Teddybear! It's really fun to play with considering it looks the most macho out of all armors and it feels great bashing enemies with a huge Teddybear!:p

I thought you only used GS

I thought you only used GS
I do, but I also have a couple of sets just for fun! Don't forget that I'm an expert with all weapons despite me hating almost all of them!

I prefer using mix sets because they are superior to most full sets.

Back