whats your favorite genre in manga and anime ?

• Thread starter Wolf
  • Start date
Wolf

Wolf

Nice to 'eat you
Towns Folk
whats your favorite genre in manga and anime ?

in my opinion the best anime and manga are ones with comedy and action/shonen
they go good together but of course like all manga, they also need a good story line like naruto

psychological is also a very interesting genre when its used well

I like comedy/romance, perhaps a bit of horror, Slice of life, school based, action, adventure. So pretty much a bit of everything. ;)

Last edited:
My preferred genre are Romance/Comedy, though I watch pretty much anything I find enjoyable. :) I also like Action, Slice of Life, and Fantasy. :)

I love them all. Though if I had to choose a single one, I'd probably choose Fantasy.

I'd like to start off by stating my dislike for Harems. :mad:
Now that that's out of the way, Action, Adventure, Mystery, Psychological, Mecha and of course; Horror.

Action for me. I also like psychological, horror, drama and comedy. I hate mecha with a passion and I just can't bring myself to watch a fully blown romance anime.

I hate mecha with a passion.
Did you even watch Evangalleon? Or Gurren Lagann? MECHA CAN BE COOL, OKAY. >:C

Last edited:
I really love comedy and romance and even action/adventure. I can always use a good laugh.

I like comedy and action like in animes like Bleach and Naruto and I really like animes that when the story line is very interesting and has a sad past and good past mixed together.

Let's see

My favorite is probably Romantic Comedies. It's weird though, because I missed out on a lot of series due to video games, but I still ended up watching some Shounen.

Shounen is probably like my second favorite. I really like a group of friends with strong powers working together to defeat the evil people. Only thing I hate about the Anime is the fillers. Also how you only get 1 episode per week, and if the series is long..it'd take over 5 years to finish the series lol.

I'm a fan of good Mecha/Sci-Fi series. Space Dandy was pretty cool, and funny so I enjoyed that one, but I'm a big big Gundam Fan since I was a kid. Gundam Wing, and Gundam Seed had awesome stories, and Space is one of my favorite things in the universe, so I can't go wrong with that. Still didn't finish TTGL.

I'm not a big fan of Horror genres in Anime because I can't find anything scary or horrifying about them. This is Anime we're talking about. There's a bunch of Cooky characters with weird powers in the Anime Universe, so I can't really get scared. I heard Tokyo Ghoul is good, so I'll watch it.

Psychological like Steins;gate Mirai Nikki was awesome, but I'm not really a big fan of them. Mystery is the same. I like some, and I hate most, but whatever. Then there's the moeblobs. Stuff like K-ON, Lucky Star, A- Channel Mitsudomoe. I enjoyed those too once in a while.

All in all. I used to be a big Anime freak. Seen over 600 different Anime/Movies, and own a lot of anime original sound track. That's what got me into a lot of underground japanese music like hard style/beatmani etc.

I guess it's action with romantic elements. I love them all though.

I prefer gore, comedy, drama, and romance, action. Mainly because if it has too much of romance then it bores me cause some of the strict romance ones have horribly boring storylines and same goes for strict action ones.

In manga I prefer romance, I've read so many different romance manga and it never gets old.
In anime I like fast paced action. I don't want a fight that goes on for 10 episodes against one guy for example and I want each episode to contribute to the main story meaning that it actually contributes to the plot and I wouldn't have known everything about the story so far if I didn't watch it(naruto fillers I'm looking at you!)

Back