What's your favorite thing about Kirby games?

• Thread starter Gary Johnson
  • Start date
Gary Johnson

Gary Johnson

Dedicated to Poyoism
Towns Folk
POYO POYO POYO POYO PO PO. (List your favorite thing about the kirby games. My favorite thing is that kirby can eat enemies and steak their ability)

Would it be bad if I say that my favorite thing about Kirbys games are him? I mean Kirby is just too cute and I can't imagine Nintendo without him.

Poyo Po Poyo
(TL;dr - Music and Gameplay)

I like the different levels/envoirnments such as the sea, grassy land, castles, caves and much more that Kirby explores whilst trying to progress through a title. They're just full of color, dangers, challenging bosses, enemies and secrets ready to be uncovered. There's just so much to take in! xD

Reactions: 2205
I enjoy the Boss designs and programming. Even Meta-Knight, one of the bossiest in the series, retains an incredibly cute appearance.

...Oh... Poyo!

kirby can eat enemies and steak their ability)
:p

My favorite thing in a Kirby game is the wide variety of power-ups there are. Some of them are basic and some of them are really unique. I have fun trying out a lot of the power-ups in the Kirby games I've played. (Squeak Squad and Super Star Ultra) All in the really cheerful character of the game :3

I like Kirby cuz its a little pink blob thing that runs around and eats stuff. I mean, what could be more perfect? The boss fights are fun, and Kirby brought Meta Knight into the world, which turned Smash Wii back when it came out into a Meta Knight festival .-.

I love getting different powerups and just wrecking everything with them ITS SO FUN
All of them are unique and cool, and it makes Kirby stand out in my opinion

The rivalry between King Dedede and Kirby himself. I don't play kirby games on a daily, weekly OR Monthly basis but I still know a hilarious and good rivalry when I see one, don't you think it's funny how their rivalry is about food, and who gets the most of it and/or they don't wanna share because weight is too much fun.

My favorite thing about the Kirby series is the recent inclusion of multiplayer in the main series games. They are just so much more enjoyable to play with friends, whether you're arguing over who gets the only ninja power up or how your friend keeps entering the same door 40 times in a row...

I love Kirby games for a few different reasons. I love how colourful the games are, they just make me feel happy! There's definitely nothing wrong with a darker game, but sometimes I just want to play an uplifting game and Kirby fits the bill. I also appreciate how Kirby games aren't super difficult. I'm not all that great at games and when I'm playing one I prefer something more relaxing. Kirby is a perfect fit for that! I really appreciate how the games are never boring, even if they aren't hair pullingly difficult.

The games are simply a pleasure to play. The graphics are very pretty, the soundtrack is always great, the level designs are varied and interesting, and the difficulty is (usually) low enough that you can breeze through the game, focusing more on enjoying the journey and the various abilities instead of overcoming challenges. The stories are (usually) lighthearted, with memorable characters, simple themes and are generally fairly short and easy to pick up and get into, though there is (usually) more depth to the games for those who seek further challenges.

My favourite thing about Kirby games is that they are Kirby games.

Okay, but real talk, my favourite thing about them is probably just how goshdarn approachable they are for all people, and how surprisingly multilayered they are. They're typically very simple and fun to play through, visually and musically appealing with straightforward and intuitive basic controls, but those who seek challenge can easily get them, while not having to compromise those less skilled from enjoying the game. Not to mention just how varied everything is and how fun it is to just mess around and try new abilities.

But the other thing is just how deceptive these games can be. A friend of mine once described the entire franchise as best being represented by a Scarfy:
ScarfiesTrophy.jpg

You encounter them as above, and can easily defeat them without ever having to see their true appearance, but once you really try to swallow them, it shows all too well.

My favourite Kirby game is Kirby's Dreamland 3 for this reason - I think it is easily the epitome of deceptively simple and cute yet surprisingly dark and complex (and not to mention cryptic as hell). The controls are simple, the graphics are just a joy, the controls are straight forward and intuitive, the music ranges from sweet and memorable to strange and atmospheric, and yet those looking for a challenge can easily get it by trying to properly clear all the levels and their respective puzzles, which are not only a challenge to solve, but even simply survive long enough to get to. And while a lot of people say that Zero's presence in the game wasn't cool for something E-rated, the game was designed so that young kids wouldn't have been able to encounter them anyhow, since again, the puzzles were so goshdarn cryptic.

Nothing. Kirby games are boring and easy or hard because they force you to do a few complex tasks just to get 100%. The most fun thing in Kirby games is the variety of bosses but the concept is the same. Avoid the hits, suck the stars and spit them at the boss but imo it's the same as in Smash Bros. but slower and there's no air dodge or faster because your on a vehicle trying to beat the boss and it shoots stuff at you and the difficulty is only harder because the boss shoots more stuff at you and you have only so much health. I just like that boss battles remind me of Kid Icarus Uprising but simpler and 2D and the music is better because there's more variety.

Back