What's your opinion about 100% catch rates for legendary Pokemon in The Crown Tundra DLC?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Pokemon Sword and Shield's next, upcoming DLC will be The Crown Tundra. I think you'll be able to catch all previous game legendary Pokemon in it, but correct me if I'm wrong about that. Anyway, it also lets you catch 'em with a 100% catch rate.

How do you guys feel about this? :eyes:

Apparently, that's not all though. Before you can even reach a legendary Pokemon, according to Serebii, you'll have to fight three Dynamax Pokemon. You wouldn't be able to heal at a Pokemon Center if you get damaged or lost all of your PP, but there will be characters and items as substitutes.

Reactions: Kadaj and Mizunil
Tbh I don't like the 100% catch rate.
One of the main challenges imo is trying to the capture the legendary, there's no exhilaration if I know I'm gonna get it on the first try. I really wish they added a difficulty bar because each game has just been getting easier, for example very easy could have a high catch rate, while hard mode keeps the catch rate at its regular-low rate.

I mean it still takes some sort of effort to catch them and catching them normally is easy anyways if you have the right setup. It sucks because it makes Apricorn Ball legends look like a joke. Yeah this isn't new for most Pokemon and it is technically a customization feature. In the end it doesn't really matter as long as it gets used in battle so they better have good IVs.

Good, tbh. Catch rates are annoying and only drag out the game, anyway, especially when they're super low.

The fighting is all that should be required, tbh. Fighting + RNG + more fighting until the RNG gives you what you want is such a scuffed model of gaming for getting specific items or creatures.

Tbh I don't like the 100% catch rate.

So my opinion has changed after watching how it works, I didn’t realize you’d fight the legendaries in dynamax mode. :panda: Which means that you only get one shot at throwing a Pokeball. So the 100% catch rate makes sense to me and the battles seem to be fairly challenging

Reactions: Marc
Pokemon Sword and Shield's next, upcoming DLC will be The Crown Tundra. I think you'll be able to catch all previous game legendary Pokemon in it, but correct me if I'm wrong about that. Anyway, it also lets you catch 'em with a 100% catch rate.

How do you guys feel about this? :eyes:

Apparently, that's not all though. Before you can even reach a legendary Pokemon, according to Serebii, you'll have to fight three Dynamax Pokemon. You wouldn't be able to heal at a Pokemon Center if you get damaged or lost all of your PP, but there will be characters and items as substitutes.
i love this! it would get awfully tedious having to work my way to the end again and still have an RNG dynamax legendary. meaning if i failed the catch i wouldnt be able to directly retry the catch. and not only that, but id have to work my way all the way to the end spot all over again and not even find the same thing i failed 100%. i also like how they dont get a mound of barriers here especially since i cant use my own pokemon in this area. not as much babysitting for me to do here thankfully but not sure if a super one (like zygarde and giratina, but fortunately i just transferred these 2) would go well even with the lightened up conditions. at least its not going to be a major nightmare like id feared before the actual release though =)

i actually like dynamax adventure tbh, not a fan of rental mons but i cant really stomp on them for this since they didnt make it as tedious as possible (the standard raid conditions obviously wouldve done this). glad its more balanced than i thought it would be ! ^^

Reactions: Marc
Im happy about the 100% catch rate because the idea of having to do the Dynamax adventure so many times its nice to know that if you and your team manage to beat the legendary that you are rewarded with the pokemon.

Additionally, its great its 100% catch rate because people will be doing the same legendary raid runs constantly trying to grind the shiny legendary that some weren't possible to do.

I personally dislike it, but I wouldn't say it's poorly designed. I think that some of the thrill in catching legendary Pokémon is the low catch rate, so finally catching them feels lucky. I've never played SwSh, but it seems like some of the challenge is preserved, but it's less luck based, so it's just a matter of taste.

Reactions: Mizunil
Back