whats your opinion on Lego games

• Thread starter codyplays
  • Start date
codyplays

codyplays

Pancake
Towns Folk
So recently I picked up Lego marvel superheroes on the eshop due to my secret marvel nerdisem ( used up the last of my space :( ) but I thought it was awsome, I loved the Stan lee cameos, all the characters ect ect. But out of curiosity i looked up some random reviews, and saw a good bit of people hating the game. Ranging from opinions on repeating the same lid formula to ruining marvel characters as a whole ( Ya someone actually said that) but I wondered what some of your opinions were on Lego games ( any lego games not just marvel) I love them. I like the comedic atmosphere and the intresting ways they fit in the fact that everything is Lego.

What's. Your opinion ?

The Lego games play the same. You attack minifigures, you build by holding a button, you drive or fly something, you have different minifigures to unlock/collect each with specific powers some having the same power (to open certain things or do a task), find minikits, and collect studs to buy extra features as well as a little joke here and there. Lego games are decent and simple. They are all about progression through a story and collecting, yet there's no real excitement to it because there is no real challenge although there might be some challenge if you want to complete challenges (that they have in the Lego Movie game). I do think superheroes could do better than attacking the same way over and over. I don't like it when a Lego game uses the same orchestrated music from whatever other licensed series movie either because it gets really old. What can make matters worse is glitches (that have been showing up for me in the DS and 3DS Lego games that I have played). I think Lego games are a C-.

Reactions: codyplays
The Lego games play the same. You attack minifigures, you build by holding a button, you drive or fly something, you have different minifigures to unlock/collect each with specific powers some having the same power (to open certain things or do a task), find minikits, and collect studs to buy extra features as well as a little joke here and there. Lego games are decent and simple. They are all about progression through a story and collecting, yet there's no real excitement to it because there is no real challenge although there might be some challenge if you want to complete challenges (that they have in the Lego Movie game). I do think superheroes could do better than attacking the same way over and over. I don't like it when a Lego game uses the same orchestrated music from whatever other licensed series movie either because it gets really old. What can make matters worse is glitches (that have been showing up for me in the DS and 3DS Lego games that I have played). I think Lego games are a C-.
I have seen some glitches on the ds versions sadly I wish they took more time on them there downgraded as is :(

To me , Lego games are generally fun in many terms but still yet , most of them are quite repetitive in its ways when comparing other Lego games with each other . I've played some and they were really nice but there were some minor issues ( like glitches ) that I've noticed throughout playing .

So Lego games are great but not really so great when you play the series over and over because of its repetitiveness :p

I had a few lego games on my Nintendo DS Lite and they were really fun and cool! :D They had a cool type of strategy and unique "3d" ish that I wouldn't except from a lego game on Nintendo. Plus, it is really cool when you build the stuffz :)

I remember loving lego games at a Young age, but now, I find them boring. The most stupid thing about them was how the characters spoke With random grunting xD. I see that they have given them voices, which is a good step forward. My favourite lego game is Star wars, the clone wars though.

I only have two Lego games on my room,Lego Pirates of the Caribbean for the Wii and Lego City Undercover on the Wii U,and I did play other Lego games at other friend's houses.I liked them back then,but now,I do not find them interesting.I do come to Lego City Undercover every once in a while,but that's it.The thing is that the company publishing them don't mind to do a lot of innovation for the gameplay,which make them feel the same,with story and settings being the only different aspect of each of them.Particuly,I heard some people saying the newer ones do have glitches,so I'll just stay with what I have of this franchise.
The toys theirselves and the movie based on the product are still fun,though.

I really enjoy the Lego games. They have lots and lots of adventure with amazing levels. I also like how they have so many characters to play as in every Lego game. The Lego company puts in a lot of work into their games. My favorite Lego game is Lego marvel superheroes. I also like how the characters act because they have them have a little bit of comedy added to them. But I think that the Lego games are only played by kids.

Back