When do you think is the best timing to sell our PS4/XB1 for maximum value before next-gen?

• Thread starter scottypops
  • Start date
S

scottypops

AC:NL - The Villager
Towns Folk
Especially if you also have a PC and/or other system like Switch.

So my PS4 is installing and downloading update for RDR2 as I type this. And I kinda realized that, outside Kingdom Hearts 3, I don't really have anything to look forward to after this one. With next-gen consoles in the horizon, I believe it's a good time to sell my PS4 sooner than later since I still have my PC. With most Japanese publishers on board with PC, I'm not gonna miss most upcoming games outside of exclusives. And with the rumors of PS5 going to have BC, it makes my decision to sell my PS4 soon even easier.

What do you think?

I wouldn't say that the next gen consoles are on a horizon, you'd still have to wait 2 years if they were announced in 2020 and released in 2021. You'll still miss out on a few exclusives, but if you don't mind that wait (and likely backwards compatibility on Ps5) I'd say sell it if you can get at least $125 for it.

Considering you have a PC I'd definitely say that you sell it, Ps4 exclusives in the future aren't gonna be as much or as grandiose compared to previous years.

Personally I'd wait until the PS5 is already out, or at least until we have concrete info. In the event the backwards compatibility rumours are false, you'd be effectively locking yourself out of your PS4 games.

So the time a console is worth the most is when it first comes out. After that it very slowly falls in price over time (unless the console was unsuccessful, and hence becomes rare like the virtual boy. This is not the case for the ps4). So as right now, it is probably best to sell it right now.

But...

You may want to consider keeping it to play games in the mean time, as there is no clear way to know when a ps5 will be revealed and when it will come.

Back