When Do You Think We'll Hear More About NX?

• Thread starter 9070
  • Start date

Restricted User
Towns Folk
Hey look, first thread. Even though I'm sure stuff will be moved here. Plus I didn't check if there's already a thread asking this. I'm scared

Anyway, when do you think we'll hear more about Nintendo's upcoming platform? My best bet would be E3 2016 with a possible late 2016 release date/late 2017 date (yeah that's a pretty freakin' broad window, I know). Let me know what ya think!

I'm certain it's E3 2016. Iwata said they'll share more details on it next year, and what better place to announce your new console than E3?

Iwata said 'next year'. I'm assuming that he means 2016, but Nintendo may follow different calendars from us mere mortals.

Reactions: faustine
I feel like by the next generation, though, Microsoft and Sony will both have something that blows away expectations also. What if everybody has virtual reality consoles? What would make everyone pick Nintendo's over the others? And will Nintendo try to steer away from casual gaming so they can attract more audiences?

I feel like we'll get a little reminder at E3 this year, another one when the first mobile game comes out, and no big info until next's years E3. After all, he said that no new info would come out until next year. I have a feeling he'll stay true to his word except for a few reminders that it exists.

Not sure but I can say that they will announce more core factors of the Nintendo NX next year in 2016 but I have a feeling that they might pour a few exciting little notes on its features during the year though it might only be like one or two . I hope to really hear about this console soon :p

Yeah, the big N will probably share more information about the console in 2016 e3 announcements. I do not think it will be before, and not later. Allthough they might do it via their Nintendo Directs, I personally hope for an e3 announcement. The audience always creates such a show that you won`t see in the Directs.

I guess a few more updates after the Club Nintendo ends? Haha. And I guess before this year ends: teasers for this new project. They should really update more often, to build the hype train. And for people to not forget that there is such in development atm.

For sure it will not be at this years E3 because Nintendo said they will be focusing on games releasing in 2015 for E3 2015. They will probably give more info in a Nintendo Direct or E3 2016. Though E3 2016 is a long way...

May in next announcement will happen in next year and this unknow nintendo console will be launch in 2017 I guess it's long time to go and may be nintendo franchise will add big -bang features to it and give it some kind of rare look like it have 3 screens and call it self 4ds lol:p

they will tell more about it in 2016, which is next year, considering it is 2015 right now (hey, it really IS 2015 lol XD) And I guess it is gonna be launched in late 206 or early 2017 or something...
May in next announcement will happen in next year and this unknow nintendo console will be launch in 2017 I guess it's long time to go and may be nintendo franchise will add big -bang features to it and give it some kind of rare look like it have 3 screens and call it self 4ds lol:p
Na it won't be 3 screens it will be a bit weird and difficult to handle.

Either E3 2016, or sometime later. I'm hoping the former, because it's almost been a full year of suspense since Nintendo vaguely announced their next console. :panda:

E3 seems like the most reasonable time. I would be kinda upset if they chose to talk about such a big project in a little direct, but if they knew how to hype people correctly then they should wait till E3 to unleash the motherload of NX stuff onto us.

E3 at the earliest PAX East at the latest. I'm expecting somewhere near the end of Q2 Early Q3 time frame :p

I'm certain it's E3 2016. Iwata said they'll share more details on it next year, and what better place to announce your new console than E3?
R.I.P. Satoru Iwata.

Most likely E3 2016, for me. It has been confirmed by Kimishima and I can't wait for summer to come.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe they'll be using a new engine for NX games as well. I just wanna learn about the new hardware X3

Reactions: Doctor Strange
Maybe they'll be using a new engine for NX games as well. I just wanna learn about the new hardware X3
You're not alone, man. Me too. Patience is a virtue we must behold at the moment.

Reactions: Slayerpon Tatsu
Back