When should I reclass Donnel?

• Thread starter Llamanama
  • Start date
Llamanama

Llamanama

2015 Llama of the Year
Towns Folk
So I got Fire Emblem yesterday and I got Donnel (so amazingly good!) and I want to know when I should reclass him. I looked it up and I get mixed results, some saying that I should reclass at lv 15 and others saying that I should wait to lv 30. I honestly can't see the benefits of getting to 30 and capping his stats versus changing to a Merc and capping his stats there! Can someone explain this to me?

You can raise their levels to 20 only (except for Tiki right?) so I re-class my unites at level 20 so that I get the max out of their stats before going back to level one and upping them again. Everyone keeps saying Donnel is great ut until now he didn't appear really useful to me. Maybe it has to do with the game mode? (I play normal but classic- dead means dead.)

If you want to cap all his stats, reclassing him at max level won't harm. If you need him in another class, do it as soon as he has learned all the class skills. It's not that important, so go with any method you want.

In my opinion, Donnel is one of the worst characters in the game, but anyone can be used on lower difficulties. He's a decent father because he passes down Galeforce to female children, but he's not very good otherwise.

If you want to cap all his stats, reclassing him at max level won't harm. If you need him in another class, do it as soon as he has learned all the class skills. It's not that important, so go with any method you want.

In my opinion, Donnel is one of the worst characters in the game, but anyone can be used on lower difficulties. He's a decent father because he passes down Galeforce to female children, but he's not very good otherwise.
Really? With his unique skill Aptitude which adds 20% to each stat's odds of increasing at lv up, he can get some really good stats!

Really? With his unique skill Aptitude which adds 20% to each stat's odds of increasing at lv up, he can get some really good stats!
Yes, but his caps and mods are some of the worst, so he won't be that great even when he caps everything. Aptitude just helps him raise his stats quicker, and it can be passed down if you want his child to reach their caps faster. Put it's worthless once you've reached the caps in everything, so there are better choices for what skill to pass down.

Ah ok that makes sense! Thanks for the help guys, I'm used to the GBA ones, and I didn't even get far in those, so this game had a lot of new things for me to learn!:)

You're welcome! This is my first Fire Emblem game, how are the others? (I could download an emulator if they're really good)

You're welcome! This is my first Fire Emblem game, how are the others? (I could download an emulator if they're really good)
I've only played Fire Emblem (the first on the GBA) and Sacred Stones and they were pretty good. I felt that normal on those games was harder than on Awakening, but not by much. Still though its fun to go through the other games to get a feel of the story of the whole series, and to see who these characters were that are referenced in Awakening, like Marth (I think others are referenced, but I'm not sure). If you liked this game, then you should definitely try out the other games!

Reactions: PersonSP
I've only played Fire Emblem (the first on the GBA) and Sacred Stones and they were pretty good. I felt that normal on those games was harder than on Awakening, but not by much. Still though its fun to go through the other games to get a feel of the story of the whole series, and to see who these characters were that are referenced in Awakening, like Marth (I think others are referenced, but I'm not sure). If you liked this game, then you should definitely try out the other games!
Thanks for the advice!

Personally, I would change at Level 10 (when you first can), as Donnel will never use Lances beyond the Villager class, so any time you spend beyond Level 15 (when you get the other skill) is a waste of weapon experience and means Donnel will be in worse shape against enemies with more weapon proficiency than him the further you wait it out, because he starts at E rank for his starting weapon.

Personally, I would change at Level 10 (when you first can), as Donnel will never use Lances beyond the Villager class, so any time you spend beyond Level 15 (when you get the other skill) is a waste of weapon experience and means Donnel will be in worse shape against enemies with more weapon proficiency than him the further you wait it out, because he starts at E rank for his starting weapon.
^ agreed.

Do it as soon as you can :3

^ agreed.

Do it as soon as you can :3
Heh we look at stuff differently. I suppose there are many ways that lead to the same goal (Do you know the expression "All ways lead to Rome"?) but there certainly is something in your point of view.

What I did was get him to max level which is 20 then turning him into a mercenary I think it was and once you max him out again change his class to a hero get him married and you are set. When I fought Priam I was down to 4 pairs My avatar and his wife Chrom and his Wife Henry and Tharja and then Donnell who I had Marry Olivia because I dont know I thought it made sense anyways the point is is that they were seperated fromt he other 3 pairs and all the enemy units either missed or barely did damage but he had Sol as an ability which made him OP and Priam who damaged him a lot but barely missed was actually beaten by my Donnell and Olivia team which made me know he was OP.

I recommend leveling Donnel to lvl 10. Then you can Master seal him and master seal him to Hero.
That way he has good stats and his already great skill raises his stats better. Trust me, this will make Donnel a strong unit in general.

Get Donnel to hero asap

Switch ASAP, the game pays attention to how many total levels you have, so the more levels you go, the less XP you'll be getting later on when trying to max him.

Back