When will we have a GTA on Switch?

• Thread starter phofufury
  • Start date
phofufury

phofufury

idk
Towns Folk
Ever since the Nintendo Switch came out, people have been waiting for a GTA to come out on Switch! There has been several GTA clones that made it to Switch, but not an actual GTA. GTA V is a huge game tho, and idk if the switch would be able to download it, but there are several other GTA's that would be perfect for it! One in particular, GTA Chinatown Wars, which came out on PSP and Nintendo DS. I had it for the DS, but i would love to see it come to the Switch! However, Shakedown: Hawaii is very similar to this version of GTA. What are your thoughts?

Chinatown Wars' existence shows they're not adverse to developing for Nintendo. And with GTA V's popularity, it wouldn't hurt to expand into the Switch imo. I could see Rockstar testing the waters by remastering (multiplatform, probably not as exclusives) III, San Andreas or Vice City for it, especially SA. If any of them do well, then IV could be next in line? Just wishful thinking.

Reactions: phofufury
Ever since the Nintendo Switch came out, people have been waiting for a GTA to come out on Switch! There has been several GTA clones that made it to Switch, but not an actual GTA. GTA V is a huge game tho, and idk if the switch would be able to download it, but there are several other GTA's that would be perfect for it! One in particular, GTA Chinatown Wars, which came out on PSP and Nintendo DS. I had it for the DS, but i would love to see it come to the Switch! However, Shakedown: Hawaii is very similar to this version of GTA. What are your thoughts?
This is probably just wishful thinking, but I think that GTA V will come to the switch. And im sure that the switch can download GTA V. Because gta v was supported on the ps3. So why not the switch? It could even have a cloud gaming model. If they choose to go with the past games, then a HD remake would be pretty nice.

Reactions: Duffy and phofufury
Chinatown Wars' existence shows they're not adverse to developing for Nintendo. And with GTA V's popularity, it wouldn't hurt to expand into the Switch imo. I could see Rockstar testing the waters by remastering (multiplatform, probably not as exclusives) III, San Andreas or Vice City for it, especially SA. If any of them do well, then IV could be next in line? Just wishful thinking.
This is probably just wishful thinking, but I think that GTA V will come to the switch. And im sure that the switch can download GTA V. Because gta v was supported on the ps3. So why not the switch? It could even have a cloud gaming model. If they choose to go with the past games, then a HD remake would be pretty nice.
The fact that GTA V was on ps3 makes sense for the switch handling it. I did also hear people saying adding an older version of GTA, like III or San Andreas, and that would be fine, but i'd rather have IV, V, or Chinatown Wars. One person did port III unofficially to the Switch tho, so it shows the Switch can definitely handle it.

Reactions: Hibiki_Kuze and Deepak
I also think that the switch can handle GTA V. I really would like to see it because I enjoy GTA but haven't played V. I think a port of the ps3/xbox 360 (maybe even downgraded or a variable framerate type of thing to make it work on handheld mode) would be pretty good and a really easy money maker for rockstar. I'm surprised they haven't already.

Reactions: phofufury and Deepak
I also think that the switch can handle GTA V. I really would like to see it because I enjoy GTA but haven't played V. I think a port of the ps3/xbox 360 (maybe even downgraded or a variable framerate type of thing to make it work on handheld mode) would be pretty good and a really easy money maker for rockstar. I'm surprised they haven't already.
it would be a huge money maker for Rockstar!

Reactions: Duffy
Back