• Thread starter h0bd0b1in
  • Start date

Where do you stand on EV training?

• Total voters
h0bd0b1in

h0bd0b1in

Misanthropic Lycanthrope
Towns Folk
I'm intrigued to hear from the community what their stance is on EV training.

Personally, I don't. I think it takes too much time and effort and removes some of the excitement of the un(kn)own in battle, but I can see its advantage in competitive play.

Reactions: milesose and Marc
I think it takes too much time and effort and removes some of the excitement of the un(kn)own in battle
In gen 6 (X/Y), you can combine horde battles with Pokerus and Power Items. Takes around 5-15 minutes to finish and you can EV train multiple Pokemon at a time thanks to the EXP Share.

-> How to EV Train in Pokemon X/Y (Guide).

I EV train all of my Pokemon that I use for competitive play (Wi-Fi). For single player, I don't.

I've been EV for quite a while, and it pays off. As someone who competitively battles with friends, I always plan and design my team for battles. But that's AFTER I clear the game once. Even then, I'll train my starter though.
It takes excitement out of battles? Personally, it's more exciting when you can stand a chance against everyone online. :rotfl:
But seriously, I find competitive battling to be a lot more fun than any programmed NPC I could battle in the game itself.

Reactions: h0bd0b1in and Marc
I certainly EV train all my Pokes. Can't win w/o it. Mainly because most of my Pokes aren't IV trained/ not any intense strategy.

I allways make sure my pokemon are EV trained before using them in battle. unless its for the story quest then i just play for fun! :cat:

I only EV train pokemon that i plan on using in either WiFi battles or on Battle Spot. I just play for fun in the storyline!

I used to EV train the Pokemon that I am going to use for battle.... but I haven't got time now to EV train new Pokemon.

I made myself do it for my new and only Wi-Fi battle team :oops:

Haven't tried it out yet, but I'm willing to take it up/learn after I have completed the game. Sounds interesting enough. A challenge which I would be up for when the time comes! ;)

i ev train almost all of the pokemon that i have, i even have a shop to do it for other people. but the ones that i am just going to wonder trade i dont.

I always EV train my Pokemon. Well, if they are entering the competitive scene. The rest, I won't EV train, really, since they won't have use. I like to do the Horde training, since it's fast and easy.

I'll EV train some of my Pokémon. I don't play the game a lot, so breeding takes up a lot of my time xD

For me, a game has to be fun, and EV training is a bit too serious in my opinion. Maybe if I only played Pokémon, I would do it, but nah, too serious, too much work and a bit boring :p

I IV breed and EV train all of my Pokemon that I use for competitive play. EV training a Pokemon can mean the difference between surviving with 10 HP or getting killed. It really is worth it.
Off topic: I have IV bred so many Pokemon with perfect stats, but I keep changing the ones I use. I have a 5IV Doublade, I switched it for my Tyranitar. I had a 5IV Garchomp, I switched it for my Dragonite. Now I will replace my Tyranitar for my 5IV Charizard, once I finish hatching it with 5IVs.

I EV train and IV breed only my competitive pokes, otherwise I just use my favorite lvl 100s to kill everything. "LEVEL 100 MEWTWO SMASH!"

I am quite a pro on ev training I know all the tactic to beat the masters and finished with my zigarde who 405hp 363attack and 290deffense

I've been using Super Training for the most part because I'm too lazy to get the Power items :p and it takes a lot of time. I mainly just train my competitively bred Pokemon though so I haven't done it too many times.

I don't like EV training personally because it takes a long time and even then, I still lose online battles. I use Super training because I am horrible at horde training but I do know that Super Training takes a long time.

Back