Where should I start?

• Thread starter Mineruler
  • Start date
Mineruler

Mineruler

New Kid on the Block
Towns Folk
Hey guys! I've wanted to get into Fire Emblem for a while now, but since there are multiple games I was wondering where in the series I should start. I didn't know if I should just go ahead and get Awakening or find one of the older ones. I really want to get the "full experience" of the games, but like I said, not really sure where to get started. Any suggestions?

Well if you can get a hold of any of the older copies, and have a Gme Boy advanced,Game cube,or Wii to play hem on that would be awesome admittedly the first ever one I played was Radiant Dawn I think but yeah that'd be cool if you could.

I'd say start with Awakening. It's much more open to newcomers than any of the predecessors. There is an option to remove Permadeath through your first play through, though you don't have to use it, and the game makes sure that you know what to do when you play. It's not like the game is easy, but it is willing to help you get started.

I'd say start with Awakening. It's much more open to newcomers than any of the predecessors. There is an option to remove Permadeath through your first play through, though you don't have to use it, and the game makes sure that you know what to do when you play. It's not like the game is easy, but it is willing to help you get started.
Excuse me? Permadeath? That just makes me want it even more. Too bad I spend all of my money on the nn3ds...time to mow some lawns I guess.

Awakening is easily one of the most newbie-friendly because of the low difficulty of the lower difficulties and Casual Mode (which removes permadeath). Fire Emblem and Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones for the GBA are quite good to begin with too. They're fairly easy and introduce you to most of the mechanics, which will make the older games easier to play. Fire Emblem has a pretty long forced tutorial, but after that, the game goes on pretty well gameplay-wise. Path of Radiance for the gamecube is also nice to start with, because of the low difficulty and optional (but still helpful) tutorials. It might be a bit difficult to find or expensive, though.

Really, you'll be fine as you long as you don't start with any of the first six games or Radiant Dawn (or maybe Shadow Dragon).

Yeah I've actually played some of the Awakening to get used to it's interface and I would say that it was even more easier that I expected . I used to think that it was very complicated but it was in fact , very easy :D You should probably try this game before the other ones to get used to it

I would say get the Fire Emblem Awakening.
So much to do for series players but very welcome to new ones.
The DLC will keep you busy for days or even weeks.
The plot also is standalone in a sense and hook you to get the other in the series.

None of the games really flow together. I mean it's all in the same universe, but a lot of it happens years before or years after the other games, and in different places as well. As far as beginner gameplay goes, I can recommend either of the console games (Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn for Gamecube/Wii), and of course Awakening. There are also the english-translated Fire Emblems on the NES but..those had no in-game instructions whatsoever so you're probably best skipping those for now. xD

And yes, all Fire Emblem games had permadeath. On most units, anyway. If the ones that can't die in certain stages die in those stages, you just have to restart the level. In most endgames in the FE series though, anyone can die. It's terrific.

Everyone keeps saying that Fire Emblem Awakening is a great way to take a first step, but personally, I wod recommend Fire Emblem 7 or Fire Emblem : The Sacred Stones

I recommend you just start with fire emblem awakening because if you have spotless on you can recruit phantoms of characters from other games. Also I do recommend that you start fringe newer ones because they are mainly the ones that gives you a full experience.

Back